View Full Version : Online check-in

Cara121078
07-27-2011, 06:00 PM
We haven't been to WDW in 4 years, so the online check-in is something new to us. Is it something you would recommend? Are there any benefits to using it? Thanks in advance!

Strmchsr
07-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I recommend it, but it's not something that you absolutely must do. The only real benefit to it is that your packet is ready and all of your information has already been entered when you get there so you don't have to stand at the counter and give your credit card and other info at check-in. I think it saves about 5 min. I thought the first two times I did it that it might give you a better chance of having your room ready when you arrived as my room was ready at 8 am both of those times. However, the last two times we did online check-in our room wasn't ready until mid-afternoon so I really don't know if it makes any difference with that or not. They ask your estimated time of arrival with online check-in so I thought they might assign you to a "ready" room if you indicated an early arrival, but obviously that's not always the case.

chrim
07-27-2011, 08:54 PM
In my experience at the value resorts, using on-line check in sometimes makes the process faster and sometimes makes it take longer. The potential problem is how many people are in line in front of you and many people are working at the desk. The line for people who checked in on-line is sometime shorter and sometimes longer than the other line. So, I suggest you do whatever feels better to you.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2011, 09:19 PM
We did online check-in for our last trip, and the greatest benefit was being able to just walk up to the counter and be handed our package, and back on our way in about 3 minutes.

But, this can be slower too, if the person in front of you is asking a ton of questions.

Cara121078
07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your replies. I am going to try it. After a 16 hour drive, saving that extra 5 min. will be worth it.