PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading dining plan after pkg payoff

willowsnn3
07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
:number1: My very first post on these boards (how did I not know about this forum?) :confused:
Anyway my question is: Can I upgrade my dining plan from regular ddp to the deluxe plan after my package is paid off?? We're about 30 days out, paid off pkg obviously, with the regular ddp. We are thinking about arriving a day early & doing the deluxe for that 1 night but now I'm thinking maybe room only for that night & just upgrading the reg plan to dlxe for the other days, but don't know how much of a hassle it would be. I do know when/if I call to change it I would have to pay then as we are past our 45 day mark. Any insight on this would be appreciated as I don't want to wait much longer, lol.

mickey_M_lvr
07-27-2011, 01:29 PM
:welcome:

I do believe that you can call and upgrade. Of course being you are within 45 days you may have to pay a fee for making changes. If i remember right it is about $50. As far as my opinion on Deluxe dining plan...LOVE IT! We get it every time we go.

I hope you enjoy your trip! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-27-2011, 01:35 PM
You should be able to make the change without any extra fee. You're not changing the reservation, just upgrading dining plan. But don't wait too long. You can't do it on arrival or day of. I think it has to be done at least a week in advance of arrival.

CajunDisneyDad
07-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi there. Welcome to Intercot. This is a great board with tons of wonderful people. Hope you enjoy your stay with us :)

Now to answer your question. Yes! We did it for our last trip, only catch is if you do it less than 45 days, you have to pay it up front (as I am sure you probably know) Just call and let them know. There is no Extra Change charge (CM told me this) as long as you are "upgrading"... if you downgrade you are subject to a charge.

I dont think you can split the plan up, your allotments are based on how many nights you stay at a disney resort, NOT how many days worth of tickets you have (learned that the hard way) ;p and you are not limited as to how many you can use a day, you are given all your meal allotments at once, so you can use them as you see fit (your ticket will say x-ts, x-qs,x-sn (I hope this helps lol)

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions. Like I said a lot of wonderful people frequent this board :)

CajunDisneyDad
07-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, if you are going with the deluxe, I hope you made your dining reservations :) you can make them 180 days in advance!

Scar
07-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! Where ya been?

General rule of thumb is that Disney will always take your money if you're willing to give it to them.

willowsnn3
07-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi there. Welcome to Intercot. This is a great board with tons of wonderful people. Hope you enjoy your stay with us :)

Now to answer your question. Yes! We did it for our last trip, only catch is if you do it less than 45 days, you have to pay it up front (as I am sure you probably know) Just call and let them know. There is no Extra Change charge (CM told me this) as long as you are "upgrading"... if you downgrade you are subject to a charge.

I dont think you can split the plan up, your allotments are based on how many nights you stay at a disney resort, NOT how many days worth of tickets you have (learned that the hard way) ;p and you are not limited as to how many you can use a day, you are given all your meal allotments at once, so you can use them as you see fit (your ticket will say x-ts, x-qs,x-sn (I hope this helps lol)

I hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions. Like I said a lot of wonderful people frequent this board :)

Thanks for all the quick responses!! Decided to just call & there is no charge to 'upgrade', only if you downgrade. We don't have to worry about tickets as we have AP's.

willowsnn3
07-27-2011, 02:56 PM
Oh yeah, if you are going with the deluxe, I hope you made your dining reservations :) you can make them 180 days in advance!

We already made the major ones we wanted with the regular plan but dlxe will give us more so will make what others we can & keep checking daily to see what else comes available.

CajunDisneyDad
07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Sounds like you area all set :) Hope you guys have a magical time :) We were there about 2 weeks ago, so DW, DS and I are still suffering from the dreaded DISNEY HANGOVER!!!:sick:

CajunDisneyDad
07-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT! Where ya been?

General rule of thumb is that Disney will always take your money if you're willing to give it to them.

Amen to that !!!!:coaster:

coloradowendyl
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Changes that increase the cost of your trip such as upgrading dining should not incur a change fee. HOWEVER, any changes within 15 days of travel, regardless of what they are, will be assessed a $15 processing fee by Disney. So be sure to do your dining upgrade soon!

Wendy