PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Stan has passed away

LuckyMum22
07-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Ranger Stan who gave many families precious memories, as he informed guests about the treasures of the Wilderness Lodge, and climbed those 68 steps each morning to raise the flags above the beautiful lodge, "lost his battle with cancer yesterday." Yesterday would be Tuesday, July 26, 2011. I learned this from the "Ranger Stan" facebook page but will be checking the Orlando Sentinel page for an obituary and post if I see it.
Sad news indeed.

ginger19
07-27-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that :( He was such a great tour guide for us on our first trip with the kids. He made our flag family experience so great.

I had no idea that he even had a fb page!

Such sad news :(

buzznwoodysmom
07-27-2011, 12:49 PM
This is so sad to hear. I never met him, but from everything I've ever heard of him its apparent he touched so many lives in such a positive way. I'm sure he will be missed greatly!

Maleficent's Dad
07-27-2011, 01:04 PM
:crying: :crying:

:sad: :sad:

DisneyOtaku
07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
That's so sad :( I will keep his family in my thoughts.

KylesMom
07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
This is heartbreaking. We were flag family last Tuesday & inquired about how his retirement was going. While I knew he had been receiving treatment, we were told that he was in remission. Perhaps the staff didn't want to upset us during our vacation, as they knew he was a favorite of our family . . .

I will always remember his stories and words of wisdom to our son over the years. What a great man - he will be missed. Wilderness Lodge - and the Disney family - has lost a true gem. :sad:

wildernesslady
07-27-2011, 07:20 PM
What sad news. He trully loves the lodge. You could tell it was a part of him. I was fortunate to take a tour with him in 2009. It was such a highlight of our trip.

faline
07-27-2011, 07:22 PM
So sorry to hear!

waymickey
07-27-2011, 09:41 PM
:( so sad to hear this. We met Ranger Stan so many times at the WL. Were were lucky enough to be flag families with Ranger stan two times and each day we always would say hello to him.
He loved the Lodge and the Lodge will never be the same. :cry:

He and his family will be in our prayers. god bless

IDreamofEeyore
07-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Rest in peace Ranger Stan. And thank you for all of the wonderful memories!

KylesMom
07-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Here's the Notice of Passing from the Orlando Sentinel:

MOORE, STANLEY RICHARD, 83, passed into eternity surrounded by his family on July 26, 2011, at Florida Hospital, Altamonte Springs, FL. Born in Langhorne, PA he moved to Apopka, FL from Rancocas Woods, NJ in 1989. He worked for Walt Disney World for 20 years the last 15 years at Disney's Wilderness Lodge as "Ranger Stan" retiring in October of 2009. Previously he was a welder in the metal fabricating industry for over 40 years. Stan was a member of First Baptist Church of Orlando for 21 years serving his Lord faithfully. He was the son of the late Richard and Adelaide (Hartranft) Moore. He was preceded in death his wife Joyce Mae Moore of 30 years. Stan is survived by his loving wife Carolyn Ella of 32 years; daughters Sharon Lee (Joel) Sneed and Gloria Elaine (Lou) Camiscioni both of Flowery Branch, GA; grandchildren Louis (Melissa) Camiscioni, Renee, Danielle, Paul and Sarah Leslie; great-grandchildren Tatum and Louie Camiscioni, Spencer and Jae Paget and Kaleb Johnson. Private graveside services will be held at Sunset Memorial Park, Feasterville, PA. A celebration of Stan's life will be held at a later date.

Terra
07-28-2011, 12:43 PM
:( My sympathy, thoughts, and prayers to all those family and 'friends' whom he brought so much happiness too.

Mousemates
07-30-2011, 01:25 AM
my sympathy to the family of a great guy

TheRustyScupper
07-30-2011, 12:11 PM
Sad to hear.
I worked with him every day for years.