PDA

View Full Version : Best way to request a wndow table??

lawgirl
07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
We have reservations for Tokyo Dining, and I'm wondering how's the best way to request a window seat? Can we call ahead and add it to the reservations?

gardenia
07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
You can't add a request like that to the reservation. You can ASK when you get to the check in desk, and they might be able to accommodate you. The best way to get a window seat IMO is to have an early lunch or early dinner ADR. We often go around 11:30-12:00 for lunch and frequently get a window seat. But, if your party is large (more than 5), the chance of getting a window seat is almost zero.

KAT1811
07-25-2011, 08:14 PM
"May we please be seated by the window?" :fresh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :blush:

I would stop by restaurant early (like hours early) and talk to someone at the podium. Explain to them that you would like a window table and see what they can do. They may move you around to try to honor your request. Good luck! I hope you get a table by the window. I am not a big fan of asian cuisine but the restaurant looks beautiful and I'm sure the view is fabulous! :mickey:

SBETigg
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
As it gets close to Illuminations time, everyone wants one of the window seats with the view. It usually comes down to what is open when your turn to sit comes along. You can ask and be polite and hope for the best. It might help to add that you're willing to wait a little longer for a window seat to open up. But basically, once those seats are filled within an hour and half of Illuminations, the chances of one opening up become more slim. The people who have the window seats are going to keep them through Illuminations, most likely. You might have better luck with a reservation for around 7:10 - 7:40. And good luck! :)

Awesome_guy
07-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Consider an ADR that is ahead of a potential rush for window seats
arrive nice and early (30min?)
be polite, respectful, and sensitive to the request not being unique
indicate that you are willing to wait for one; that a window seat is preferable to being sat immediately
cross those fingers and toes =)

Worked for us! =)