PDA

View Full Version : airline check in/magical express

sonkist32
07-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Do I have to use ME if I take advantage resort airline check in. Will they take my bags to the airport even if I don't ride the bus.
Basically I have a late flight out of MCO but would like to check in before I leave for a day in the parks...and not have to come back to the resort to get luggage and hop on a ME bus several hours before my plane leaves. (I'd use a town car service directly from the park)
Possible or not?

Disney4
07-25-2011, 05:11 PM
My guess would be that you could get to the airport any way you want, since resort check-in is not related IMO to magical express.

Your luggage will sitll be TSA screened and loaded.

Figure this would be the case because more than once our louggage was at our destination airport (Chicago) and sitting off the carousel, having arrived on a flight several hours before ours.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Although you have to take the ME bus to get your luggage TO the resort, you don't have to take ME to get your luggage back to the airport, if you use the resort check-in.

The two aren't linked, so check your luggage and have a great last day in the park.

CleveRocks
07-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Correct. You can use Resort Airline Check-in regardless of how you get back to the airport.

iceicebritney
07-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm using Magical Express round trip for the first time on our upcoming vacation. I also have a late flight out of Orlando. Does Magical Express pick you up at a set time regardless of your flight time, or are you able to enjoy the parks on your last day with a late trip to the airport?

DisneyMom12
07-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm using Magical Express round trip for the first time on our upcoming vacation. I also have a late flight out of Orlando. Does Magical Express pick you up at a set time regardless of your flight time, or are you able to enjoy the parks on your last day with a late trip to the airport?

If I remember correctly ME picks you up 3 hours before your flight leaves.

faline
07-26-2011, 07:01 PM
If I remember correctly ME picks you up 3 hours before your flight leaves.

This is correct. The day before you leave Disney, you'll be assigned a Magical Express pickup time at your resort. That pickup time will be approximately three hours before your flight time.