PDA

View Full Version : Room requests for Pop?

heatherj1025
07-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Looking for some suggestions. Here is our background.....We have 2 rooms reserved at pop for our family of 5 (2 adults 3 kids [16,15,11]) for the end of August. Our reservation already has connecting rooms. We aren't tremendously picky people about how far from main building as we will have a fridge and coffee maker in the room. Dh is a smoker. We will be arriving at around 9am if that matters.
What if any requests should I make at online check-in?

Strmchsr
07-25-2011, 01:55 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

As far as buildings, I don't think it matters one bit. Pick whichever decade you like best and you'll be happy. The only suggestion I would have is to request a room close to the designated smoking areas. Since you can't smoke in the room or on the balcony, that would probably be the best request. Then your DH doesn't have to walk far if he wants to smoke.

If you look at the resort map in the resort section here on Intercot it has the designated smoking sections marked which might help you pick a location to request.

CajunDisneyDad
07-25-2011, 02:48 PM
We have stayed in the 70's both times we stayed at Pop. The buildings were close to the main commons area and close to the parking lot (something i would check, the parking lot is a little goofy at Pop :)

AnnaMom
07-25-2011, 03:47 PM
We just returned last week & stayed for a week in Pop & there were no fridge or coffee pot in the room. Unless you are bringing them from home. I to am a smoker & your DH will have to take a nice walk to smoke.

heatherj1025
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
We r doing a fridge swap from another site along with the coffee pot. I was thinking 70s lower floor which would put us close to smoking area

Tink#64
07-26-2011, 12:38 AM
:welcome: You're in the right place for all your WDW q's! There are so many awesome friends here that are so eager to help & share their knowledge & experience! Even after 7 trips, I always learn so much on here!

We've stayed at Pop 6 times & just love it. We've stayed in bldg #4, 60's section, preferred, both overlooking the pool area, and to the back, looking towards Hour Glass Lake, very nice, close walk to everything. Twice we've stayed in bldg #10, of the 70's section. Super close to the 90's parking lot, (we park there) and super close to the bus stops! Closer than the preferred sections! We were just in room 0213, end of the bldg, just down the steps, a smoing area with a bench, lakeside! There are actually several, all along the lake, and another on the back side of Classic Hall, as you walk out facing the Hippy Dippy Pool. Our walkway overlooked a lush landscaped courtyard, very quiet & peaceful & we saw dozens of those tiny adorable lizards & bunnies. Bldg 9 of the 90's section is the closest to the bus stops, & is steps away from bdg #10. The computer pool is closest to that area & very quiet! These bldg's aren't far at all from Classic Hall, check in, food court, gift shop, etc. The proximity to the bus stops is the draw for us, even with our own car, we park & take WDW exclusively!

I can't remember the link, but if you Google Pop Century & look around a bit, there used to be a site that had a map with the layout somplete with room numbers.

heatherj1025
07-26-2011, 07:04 AM
We stayed in building 4 when we went in 08, top floor 2nd from the end. We loved the view from the balcony, but DH had go downstairs to find the smoking area so I believe I will be requesting building 6 in the 70s section ground floor. Since the front of the building is preferred I don't see why we wouldn't be put facing the lake again since there are only so many connecting rooms. Am I right to assume this.

princessgirls
07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
We stayed in the 80's building just on the verge on the 90's. When I arrived on a late rainy Friday night, I was NOT happy at all with this location....

In the morning, we discovered, that the bus stop was just across the parking lot, thus making this a GREAT location!!!!

Julie:mickey:

AllDisney
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
We liked the 50's.

Tink1
07-26-2011, 05:53 PM
You can find the resort property map in InfoCentral here on Intercot

http://intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg

It shows the designated smoking areas

Nanc