PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Lagoon...shady areas

Disney4us2
07-25-2011, 12:02 PM
For our upcoming trip we are going to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. We went to BB in April and they had shady areas to stay in instead of the beach areas. At that time we chose the beach area chairs. It was hot then, I found the shade and parked my scooter there.

Does Typhoon Lagoon have shady areas to put your gear? I really don't want to stay on the beach areas in the middle of August. I also don't want my scooter heating up in the sun.

SoccerMom
07-25-2011, 12:44 PM
We were there a couple of weeks ago and found plenty of shade. There was one place in particular that was towards the back of the park and just sheltered under lots of trees. Have fun!!

Chic-a-pin
07-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Sorry, I couldn't resist...for a split second I was on a totally different thought process because of the name of your thread...I thought, I don't think there are any "shady" places at Typhoon Lagoon, as in, not the safest areas to go, hehe. :D

Bucs300
08-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Well I would recommend finding a good spot when you first get there in the morning and claiming it as your own before all the good spots are taken, then you're set for the rest of the day. Now as far as shady areas go Typhoon Lagoon has a few fairly good sized gazebos around the park that provide ample shade for you to lounge under. I know there's one next to the Crush n Gusher, Shark Reef and one near the wave pool. Cascade Cove which is next to Shark Reef is also a good place to hang out, has lots of trees that provide nice shade, a little waterfall and some picnic tables. :vacation:

Buttercup
08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes the shady spots seem to always be the first to go. I always wish that I'd get there early enough to find a spot at the bottom of the Crush n' Gusher. There's a nice gently sloped pool there, lots of shade, and although the people are coming off of the water rollercoaster, I find it to be more relaxing than the hustle-bustle around the wave pool. :thumbsup: