PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please tell me.....

olivegirl
07-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Usually the night before we check out we spend our time at EPCOT. This is a very sad day for us as we leave and return to reality. I have to admit that I along with my 12 year old DD actually shed those tears when we are headed back to our hotel for the last time. Does anyone else have these feelings?? We soooosoooo love Disney that the idea of leaving is just :( ....sad! Usually by the time we board our plane and are half way to NJ we seem to be able to pull ourselves back together!! But by then I am planning the next trip in my mind !! :) Just wondering ...........

angel2931
07-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Yep, us too! Its a tradition for us to take a "sad face pic" right before we leave, and we usually have some tears too!!

Gibbs
07-24-2011, 04:18 PM
We also have those same feelings. Since we live so close, we end up at AK the day we check out just to delay the inevitable. The car ride home for us is about 3 hours. All during our ride we are planning our next trip up. We have been to the "world" at least 30 times, but we still do not get tired of it. The DW and I took a trip by ourselves this month. She turned to me and said, "I'm glad to see we will still enjoy this when the kids go off to college." (they were at summer camp) Don't worry, you are definitely not alone!!:mickey:

olivegirl
07-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!

Dsnygirl
07-24-2011, 04:34 PM
So very true for our family, as well... we try very hard to at least have a bkfst somewhere on our last morning, so it doesn't feel like we're "done" before we go to bed! ;)

(and I usually have some kind of plan for our next trip before we even go, so I can say "Next time..." whenever it gets too much before we head home... :blush:)

So no, you are definitely not alone!!

exvagirl
07-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Always get upset when I head back. Not too bad because I know I'll be back soon enough :) (by the way OP, I see you're from voorhees, guess I'm your neighbour in cherry hill!)

texas211
07-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I like to start and end at the Magic Kingdom. Myself, just before we leave, i always like to put my hand on a Mainstreet building one last time. We'll be back.

caryrae
07-24-2011, 07:36 PM
It's hard to leave that's for sure. We like to visit the different Theme Park stores at Orlando airport for that last minute fix before we have to board plane home.

iceicebritney
07-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Ditto! Returning to the real world is hard after spending time in the happiest place on earth:mickey:

However, I found that dedicating a small area of my office to Walt Disney world photos from some of our best trips helps! Maybe you could add some photos or keepsakes to your work, in your car, or at a special place in your home to help take you to Disney World in your mind?

Cara121078
07-24-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh yes, me too...I have four kids, but on the last day, it's usually me shedding the tears.

Altair
07-24-2011, 09:07 PM
It never bothered me too much until last year when we walked the Boardwalk the last day and went down the International Gateway to where you can just about touch Epcot. It just made me really sad to be that close and know I couldn't go inside.:(

DisneyMom12
07-24-2011, 09:18 PM
It hits me as we board ME back to the air port. I hate leaving, but I always know I will be back.

SandmanGStefani24
07-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Usually the night before we check out we spend our time at EPCOT. This is a very sad day for us as we leave and return to reality. I have to admit that I along with my 12 year old DD actually shed those tears when we are headed back to our hotel for the last time. Does anyone else have these feelings?? We soooosoooo love Disney that the idea of leaving is just :( ....sad! Usually by the time we board our plane and are half way to NJ we seem to be able to pull ourselves back together!! But by then I am planning the next trip in my mind !! :) Just wondering ...........

Epcot is my last day at the parks too. I love it so much it always ends my stay at WDW. I have such a great time that day, but leaving, I always take one last look at Spaceship Earth and wonder how long it's going to be until I see it again. It's tough, but my dark sunglasses and tough exterior always hide the tear in my eye as I walk away from the place I want to leave the least. I want to stay forever! Maybe get a job as a CM, a caretaker, a trash man, anything to keep me within visual contact. But I know it's not possible, and get in my rental car and drive back to the resort to enjoy one last night before driving back to MCO and going home. No, you are not the only one by a long shot. I leave Epcot last on purpose. Because I am so tired from my stay I can't fight the feelings of wanting to stay. I give up, and realize I will have to wait a while before coming back to where it all seems to make sense...

brivers222
07-25-2011, 10:13 AM
we always schedule in Crystal Palace at 1PM the day we check out.... It gives us one last look at the castle and mainstreet before we have to head to MCO.

Silver_Surfer
07-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah, I even took pics of the fam leaving the gates on the last night. When I made our photo album and they looked at it I know they missed it all over again.

ransam
07-25-2011, 10:37 AM
i think we all have those feelings. We wouldn't be on this board if we didn't....
for me, i always take one lap around MK, and then end it by sitting on the bench underneath the RR station, and just watch the castle, and people watch. I watch people come in and envy that their vacation may just be starting, while mine is ending.
usually about that time, i start thinking about my next trip and that always helps.
And i always think aobut what my dad said once to me as a little boy as i was crying cause we're leaving MK....."Disney isn't going anywhere. There will always be another trip, and it will be right here waiting for you." I was 7 then. and for the last 40 years it's never gone, and it's never let me down.

steamboat willy
07-25-2011, 10:59 AM
We always begin and end our DISNEY fix with the MAGIC KINGDOM. This year that will not be possible due to a MNSSHP :pumpkin: and we are not attending that one.
However we still end our last day at the MAGIC KINGDOM by walking on Main Street USA and I have DW turn and look at the Castle and MAKE A MEMORY! And we always say, we'll be back!

:mickey::cool::mickey:

EpcotChic23
07-25-2011, 11:17 AM
I will be 32 in the fall and every trip I cry. I have a 2year old now so I trying to cover it up a little (thank goodness for big sunglasses)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-25-2011, 11:39 AM
No you are not alone, I get sad thinking about the last day of our upcoming trip and we haven't even gone yet:(

Ms. Mode
07-25-2011, 12:17 PM
We do breakfast on the morning we are leave too. Most times it's at 6:30am when they open, because we have about 12 hours of driving ahead, and we have the place to ourselves.

Of course, I've now started reserving our next trip before we leave so we have something to look forward to! :thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
07-26-2011, 09:43 PM
We usually have a big breakfast on our last day and lament leaving, even when we're there just for a long weekend. We currently have 3 trips to WDW planned within the next year and constantly talk about the next trip, what we'll do, what we'll eat, etc... We work WDW into almost everything. I have Disney reminders on my desk so I have a reminder of a happy place when work becomes frustrating. :mickey: Plus I put on Mouseworld radio and just wish I was there.

MrPeetrie
07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
You are definitely not alone.

For us, every trip ends the same: Magic Kingdom in the morning; boat ride to TTC; monorail to Epcot; Illumination, then shopping at MouseGear. My DW says, Get what you want. Dad-o (that's me) is too sad to say 'No.' That's true, too. If you've had your eye on something, that's the time to ask for it.

As we leave MouseGear and head to the bus, my beautiful DW will start to cry. Every time. She says it's like we're leaving our second home.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-27-2011, 03:50 PM
You are not alone.

I always get teary-eyed at we leave the MK on our last morning. One last look at the castle, and I make DH promise that we'll be back. (not that I need to ask, it just somehow makes leaving a little bit easier).

BWayGrl
07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
I get really sad on our last day!! We've driven the past few trips (from Pennsylvania), so it's a real bummer to know you're leaving the happiest place on earth and still have 1000 miles to drive until you get home.

The last trip in 2008 was the worst though. We were there during Tropical Storm Fay so it poured on our last day which was spent at Epcot. My boyfriend had never ridden Test Track, and because of the rain they had to shut it down - so he still hasn't ridden it!

That trip was also right before Pleasure Island closed, so I left WDW knowing I would never see the clubs again :-(

BrowncatP
07-27-2011, 07:54 PM
MY last night of the trip always ends in the MK. As I head down Main Street to the exit, a tear in my eye as well, I tell Walt, "Goodbye,thank you for another nice trip. See you again sometime soon!"

Zeike
07-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Sad day indeed!! when we hear the monorail sound "if this concludes your visit....." ouch!!! just start planning again!! :mickey:

joonyer
07-28-2011, 02:51 PM
You suffer from PVB: Post-Vacation Blues.

Best remedy: Take another vacation as soon as possible.

Minnie_Mouse
07-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Magic kingdom is what we start and end with. i always get teary eyed when i am walking down main street one last time. ( for that trip:) ) but it really hits me when we get onto the ME bus. especially when we drive out and you can see the walt disney world sign behind you. :(

Mousemates
07-30-2011, 12:44 PM
My name is Mousemates and I (and my wife and daughter) also suffer from the last day blues. (MYDS is strangely immune) However, like a few other posters have stated, we too have learned to do something to make sure the blues don't set in until the actual day of departure (mostly by scheduling either a character breakfast or a breakfast at one of the other monorail resorts [if we are staying at a monorail resort].)

Long story short...no you are not alone.

KatieDuck22
07-31-2011, 04:15 PM
i hope i can say this with out sounding like too much of a lunatic. but when i got to the exit of the magic kingdom for the last time in july i couldn't get my self to walk through, and by the time i did i was crying like a baby. i was sick getting home because its just so hard for me to leave. i love it there so much i would do anything to be able to work there everyday of my life!