PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one....

TexansInNY
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
who scratches their head with some intercot responses :mickey: You know the ones responding to question X with "I have never stayed or done X so I can't say."

PS My iPad typing skills stink.:ill:

Altair
07-24-2011, 12:15 PM
I never understood the posting just for postings sake. :rolleyes:

AHOTE
07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
:thumbsup:

lighteningqueen
07-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Me either... why they want so many post is beyond me. On other boards as well. Sometimes only one word. Who cares 3000 does not make you an authority on anything.. Especially if they only post the Thanks! or a smiley figure..

VWL Mom
07-24-2011, 02:42 PM
I think that's done mostly to bump up a post that isn't getting any responses.

Tink#64
07-25-2011, 12:30 AM
:funny:

Seriously, love this thread! I always thought I was just being facitious when I thought the same! Glad I'm not alone! It's like, REALLY? Thanks - um - I guess...: :huh:

wdwaggie
07-25-2011, 08:22 AM
I've never really posted just for posting sake, so I really can't say......:thumbsup: These are also probably the same people who brag about going every year, but whine about the costs because they can't re-use their refillable mug from 1993.

lighteningqueen
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
I've never really posted just for posting sake, so I really can't say......:thumbsup: These are also probably the same people who brag about going every year, but whine about the costs because they can't re-use their refillable mug from 1993.

You are so right on.. How do they go every year 2 times a year and really enjoy it. I think I would get burned out. The rides do not change course or routes so its expected what it will do How can that be fun. ME, I want the new mugs every year I have one from each year we have gone. And use them all and remember a memory with each one.

Terra
07-25-2011, 01:21 PM
You are so right on.. How do they go every year 2 times a year and really enjoy it. I think I would get burned out. The rides do not change course or routes so its expected what it will do How can that be fun. ME, I want the new mugs every year I have one from each year we have gone. And use them all and remember a memory with each one.

Maybe everyone is different. I'm a seasonal pass holder and have had one every year [a SP or AP] since 2000. We typically go on day trips but sometimes overnighters or weekends. We go about 10-12 day trips a year. It never has gotten old in 11 years! It's magical each and every time we walk through park(s) entrance!

mickey_M_lvr
07-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Ok..i will confess that I have posted the "I have never done/seen X. But look forward to the responses" Because......There are times I am wondering things but don't post anything because I don't want people to be like...um..duh! This way the poster knows that others are wondering the same thing, and I believe in positive re-enforcement.

So....Sorry for "Posting for postings sake" if that is what you want to call it....I think it is affirmation that the poster has a great questions.

magicofdisney
07-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Maybe everyone is different. I'm a seasonal pass holder and have had one every year [a SP or AP] since 2000. We typically go on day trips but sometimes overnighters or weekends. We go about 10-12 day trips a year. It never has gotten old in 11 years! It's magical each and every time we walk through park(s) entrance!
We've been passholders for several years now and feel the same way.

Ok..i will confess that I have posted the "I have never done/seen X. But look forward to the responses" Because......There are times I am wondering things but don't post anything because I don't want people to be like...um..duh! This way the poster knows that others are wondering the same thing, and I believe in positive re-enforcement.

So....Sorry for "Posting for postings sake" if that is what you want to call it....I think it is affirmation that the poster has a great questions.
I think you're correct. Also, before I learned how to navigate the site, I'd post an occasional nonsensical post just to get a thread subscription. It was a little while before I figured out you can subscribe without posting anything. :)

joonyer
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Are you the only one?

Hmm. I've never noticed any responses to posts like that, so I can't really say. :D

disneymom15
07-25-2011, 04:17 PM
I've posted 1 or 2 word responses many times. The way I look at it is, this is a discussion board, if we were sitting in my living room having a discussion, I think it's quite appropriate to have a short response. Not every response has to be indepth.

DVC2004
07-25-2011, 04:26 PM

LOL to the original post. Who knows? LOlL.

To the above post, I have to say we went 2 x times a year for the longest time, once we went 3 times even. Since we have DVC and used our points for 2 shorter stays. We'd stay at different resorts and go at different times of year, plus do other stuff in the area like Universal, various beaches. We usually go now once a year but at the time we went during different times to experience things like Food and Wine and then Christmastime. Everyone's different. ANd we don't use refillable mugs so that's not me complaining about not being able to use the mug I bought in 1993. lol.;)

Tink#64
07-26-2011, 12:54 AM

Sorry, I don't think anyone meant to offend. I've often posted something to the effect, that I too was wondering the same or anxious to hear what other have to share about a particular experience. :sorry:

mickey_M_lvr
07-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry, I don't think anyone meant to offend. I've often posted something to the effect, that I too was wondering the same or anxious to hear what other have to share about a particular experience.

Tink#64 no worries! I am not offended...I think that ofter things are written and people aren't sure how to take them. If it offends me I don't write anything... I posted what I did so that people might see it from a different side.

:mickey:

TheVBs
07-26-2011, 02:14 PM
It's usually a good bet that if you make, even well intended, gross generalizations about a group of people, someone will likely be offended. ;)

There are some posts that mystify me as well, but beyond that moment I never give them a second thought. :thumbsup:

Tink#64
07-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Mickey_M_lvr :sorry: :hands: :mickey:

pdrlkr
07-28-2011, 04:44 PM
:thumbsup: :mickey:

darthmacho
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
I've never done that, so I can't say... :confused:

Okay, actually, I'm pretty sure that I have. I will sometimes not have a concrete answer for the original poster, but may have a guess, idea, opinion, or follow-up question to it. For the most part though, I probably just like the sound of my own keyboard... :listen:

Renfairwedding
07-29-2011, 11:23 PM
You know I have never stayed at X but I have been told it’s the spot!. Lol

Awesome add a post point… woops did I write that?? :blush:

BellesRose
07-31-2011, 04:52 PM
Sometimes I'll do it if no one else has responded, only because I want to help bump the thread and let the OP know that at least SOMEONE read it lol. Sometimes I'll post things (Not necessarily on here) and not receive an answer or reply and think, "Ugh, why did I even bother?!"

Other times, it's just to participate. Again, not necessarily on here, but some forums/teams I belong to make participation necessary.