PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Ice Cream Party

iceicebritney
07-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know if the wishes ice cream parties are still being offered? I went to book one on Disney's website and although they lead you to believe you can schedule it, all of the dates I chose in September say they are unavailable?
When I did a Internet search on the event, there were a couple search results that read the parties ended in 2010. Does anyone out there know anything about these?

egospotter
07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
I ran into the same problem and assumed they were all sold out... I'd love to be wrong and keep trying so if someone knows something different please share!

civilmousefan
07-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I have been trying to book this for a Novemeber trip. I couldn't get anything on the website. For all dates the answer was 'no availability.' I thought this was strange so I called dining. I wanted to know if there was a glitch in the online system OR if they were actually sold out. The CM could not answer that question. She told me they were booking for dates through September and hinted that the Dessert Party might then be discontinued. While I had her on the phone, I was on the website and started clicking on September dates and told her I was getting the no availability response. Her only answer was that I keep trying.

iceicebritney
07-24-2011, 02:12 PM
That is frustrating! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one though. At least we are in this together. I was beginning to think it was something I was doing wrong! I have a friend who works at Disney looking into this further. I'll keep you guys in the loop if I hear anything:mickey: Lets cross our fingers and hope it's not discontinued!

Mickey'sIrishPAl
07-25-2011, 07:58 AM
As mentioned in another thread, I was told the exact same thing on the phone at approx. 8:00AM (that there were no availabilities for September). Just for giggles, I tried again later that day (approx. 2:00PM) and got a Wishes Dessert Party reservation for the 19th of September. Not sure why there is so much confusion about this event as far as WDW castmembers not having a definitive answer to your questions. If it is that popular of an event, I would think that they would hype it up a bit more.

iceicebritney
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow! That is silly that you were told one thing and then another. I'm glad to hear your persistence paid off:thumbsup: That gives the rest of us hope:mickey: maybe I'll try calling again. :thanks: for the info

Mickey'sIrishPAl
07-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Wow! That is silly that you were told one thing and then another. I'm glad to hear your persistence paid off:thumbsup: That gives the rest of us hope:mickey: maybe I'll try calling again. :thanks: for the info

Thanks!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and know that you will get the ressie you want!! Just keep calling!!

lettripp
07-25-2011, 11:50 PM
I was able to make a reservation online for August 11th, but not until last week. Maybe try again soon and you will have some luck!