PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou

IwannabeinNarnia
07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm going to DL in October and one of the meals we are planning for is at the Bayou. I just want to know if the food is really worth the price? Or are you truly just paying to eat within the Pirates ride?

NewDVCowner
07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
The food is decent but nothing spectacular. A little salty for my taste, but I'm really sensitive to salty foods. The price is for the experience. I really don't think the food itself is worth the cost.

That being said, I go there about once a year. It's a special place to eat.

Lisaj13
07-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I celebrated my birthday there a few years ago. Yes, the atmosphere is great. I loved the fireflies and the boats drifting past. But the food was wonderful too.

My kids and I really enjoyed it and had an excellent meal. It was definitely worth the splurge for us.

tinkwest
07-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Have a backup plan. Right now POTC and Blue Bayou are scheduled to close for about a 10 week refurbishment in early September.

Perhaps Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel, Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel, or Wine Country Trattoria at Disney California Adventure.

IwannabeinNarnia
07-25-2011, 09:49 AM
NOOOOOO!!!!!! :D Darn! That was the one meal we were quite looking forward to! And we all LOVE the POC ride! One of my friends has never been to DL and was really looking forward to seeing the differences between DL's POC and WDW's POC.. she's gonna be so disapointed. But thanks for letting me know about this.. now we'll have to figure out what to do that night for dinner...

Carol
07-26-2011, 01:21 PM
The atmosphere is amazing - but the food and menu is mediocre at best and very overpriced.

That said -- I do recommend everyone dining there at least once for the experience.

BrerGnat
07-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Don't feel too bad. I mean, feel bad about POTC being closed, because that ride is amazing. However, Blue Bayou has seriously gone downhill in recent years. Food is borderline bad, grossly overpriced, and just an overall poor experience. I gave up on it long ago, and it used to be one of my favorites.

Try Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney for much better Cajun/Creole food!! That place is heads and shoulders above Blue Bayou.

teamblackwell
08-13-2011, 07:22 PM
We tried Blue Bayou once, and that was enough. We are more of a pizza and burgers family anyway. Our two favorite DL dinners are; chicken fusilli plate at Pizza Port in tomorrowland and bacon cheese burgers at the Hungry Bear restaurant and sitting on the terrace that overlooks the river of america. And waving to the pepole on the paddle boat is fun too. Plus you'll have an extra $100 in your pocket after dinners over.

sokchea
08-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Unfortunately, the Blue Bayou WILL BE CLOSED as well as Pirates of the Caribbean due to refurbishment. BOTH will be closed Sept. 7 through Nov. 23! The food @ the Bayou is just okay...way overpriced but the atmosphere is great. If you've never been then go...just don't go back. Better off eating @ Cafe Orleans across the way from the Bayou. Food is good/consistent...it's table service as well & you might need to secure a reservation/priority seating. Hope this helps :mickey:

houseofmouse103
08-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Atmosphere is the only reason to go! My wife and I tried it this past June because I had read on these boards that going and ordering a Monte Cristo is a must-do ... NOT! :ack:. Not only was it way too much food for 1 person to eat, it was just plain gross! I knew what it was going in, but didn't know to what extent it was battered to. And expensive, OMG, I think it was in the $25 price range per sandwich plate! They have the Blue Lagoon at Disneyland Paris and we had reservations for it, but cancelled due to the prices. We should've kept those and never went to the Blue Bayou!