PDA

View Full Version : Behind the Seeds

iceicebritney
07-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Has anyone done the "Behind the seeds tour" in Epcot? I'm looking for opinions on the tour from those who've taken it.
My husband is in agriculture and we've previously done the full day horticulture tour in Epcot that I believe is no longer offered. He really enjoyed that tour because we were a small group, so he was able to ask questions freely. However, it was a tad long and this tour did not go into the land at all.
Any advice on behind the seeds?

buzznwoodysmom
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
We did this tour a few years ago and it was enjoyed by all. Its a very short tour, but even my kids had fun with it. I remember being able to ask questions, but don't really recall what anyone asked or how detailed the answers were. We were a small group, maybe 10 people total. Its a cheap tour and doesn't take up much of your touring time in Epcot so I think you should try it for yourselves. My mom, who is big into gardening, LOVED this tour! Later that day we ate at Garden Grill for dinner and my kids liked the idea that maybe some of our food came from what we saw on the tour earlier in the day.

Mickey'sGirl
07-22-2011, 08:53 AM
We did the tour last May, and we all really enjoyed it (DH, and our sons aged 12 and 6 at the time).

The group consisted of maybe 15 people, and we went into the greenhouses, the fishery and some labs. It was a very interesting, open and enjoyable tour. We would all gladly go again. :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
07-22-2011, 09:48 AM
:ditto: We've had a blast with it - adults and children. And the group is small enough that you are definitely encouraged to ask questions and interact with your guide. Now, with your husband's background he might know more than the CM leading the tour, but I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing it, especially with the different experimental techniques which you do get to see up close.

BugeyedMuggy
07-22-2011, 09:48 AM
We did the tour last May at around the 1pm time. There was only 6 of us in the group. It was fun and you get to release ladybugs and feed hugh tanks of fish. For the price it was worth it.

snowflakegirl
07-22-2011, 02:32 PM
We went last August and really enjoyed it. My boyfriend enjoys sciencey/agriculturey things so I booked it as a surprise for him. We were both pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed it. I could even see us doing it again. As previous posters have said, it's a relatively inexpensive tour and it doesn't take very long out of your day, I would say go for it!

iceicebritney
07-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Thank you all for the comments! I'm so glad to hear good things about the tour! From the sound of things, it should be interesting! Thanks again:mickey:

faline
07-23-2011, 08:14 PM
We did it when Living with the Land was down for refurbishment. It was very informative and interesting. Well worth the cost!

mudpuppysmom
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
We've done the tour several times as DS#1 enjoys it thoroughly. We even talked our relatives, who are locals, to go with us one time and their kids really enjoyed it!!

It's a fun little tour and gets you into a few areas where the boat ride does not. You can and are encouraged to ask quetions and the CM's are great with any kids that are on the tour too.

We'd go back and do it again if the kids wanted to -- it's a little lesson that does the kids well when they are on vacation from school! My son even put it in his presentation for his class (he had to do this per his teacher).

disneymomma2010
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
How much is the cost?

BugeyedMuggy
07-25-2011, 05:48 PM
We used annual pass discount and I believe it was $17.00 pp.

emerzmom
07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I have done the tour a couple of times. I love it.

LVT
07-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Nice tour. We went in May. It was interesting and though not very in-depth, there are lots of chances for questions. Our tour leader was an employee who seemed knowledgeable and ready to expand on topics based on questions.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-29-2011, 01:22 PM
How much is the cost?

Without any discounts (which are often available), the cost is $18.00 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $14.00 per child (ages 3-9 yrs).