PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about AKL Villas in Jambo House?

wendybird
07-21-2011, 05:03 PM
We are considering a stay at the villas in Jambo house. We have never stayed at AKL, but did visit once for Boma. Give me your opinions, please.... Also, does anyone know where the "value studios" are located. I had heard they were in the Giraffe Trail area and that looks like a pretty good location on the resot map.

faline
07-21-2011, 08:10 PM
We stayed in a one-bedroom at Jambo House in May. We enjoyed our stay there and really liked that we were right in the main building. We had a nice Savannah view room. The grounds are lovely, the lobby area is terrifc.

Our favorite meal of the trip was at Jiko.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

DizneyRox
07-21-2011, 10:12 PM
AKL is the best resort on property in my opinion. Jambo is a little busy these days compared to years back. Kidani is much more quiet. Jambo is more awe inspiring though I think when you walk in. Busses mostly stop at Kidani first, then Jambo.

Can't speak for the room at Jambo, but they were nice at Kidani.

seanyred
07-23-2011, 02:10 PM
We are considering a stay at the villas in Jambo house. We have never stayed at AKL, but did visit once for Boma. Give me your opinions, please.... Also, does anyone know where the "value studios" are located. I had heard they were in the Giraffe Trail area and that looks like a pretty good location on the resot map.

We stayed in Jambo House Value Studio and it was on the Giraffe Trail. All the rooms that had the DVC Logo over the room number were facing the pool. None of them were facing the parking lot. I have also heard rumors that some Ostrich Trail rooms that face the Savannah are still considered value (because the rooms are smaller). Not sure if this is true but I did request it for my March 2012 trip.

Of the two AKL I prefer Kidani because the rooms are larger and there is more places to view the animals than at Jambo. Plus Kidani has a nicer pool and the Theme Park buses pick up at Kidani first making it easier to find a seat.

MinnieMommie
07-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I've stayed in both a studio and 1 bedroom at Jambo House. My rooms were nice and I like the activity level in the lobby, the restaurants, and all the programs and activities offered at Jambo House. I also love the African Art collection and think the architecture of Jambo House is so beautiful. The pool is awesome at Kidani and my kids spent some time there but DH and I enjoy the pool and hot tubs at Jambo (and sneaking into Mara for food - one of my favorite counter service venues). Make sure you check out the night vision viewing if the animals. :mickey:

wendybird
07-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I've stayed in both a studio and 1 bedroom at Jambo House. My rooms were nice and I like the activity level in the lobby, the restaurants, and all the programs and activities offered at Jambo House. I also love the African Art collection and think the architecture of Jambo House is so beautiful. The pool is awesome at Kidani and my kids spent some time there but DH and I enjoy the pool and hot tubs at Jambo (and sneaking into Mara for food - one of my favorite counter service venues). Make sure you check out the night vision viewing if the animals. :mickey:

What is the night vision viewing? - never heard of this.

seanyred
07-25-2011, 10:51 PM
What is the night vision viewing? - never heard of this.

They have it at both Kidani and Jambo. But there are cast members that have night vision binocholars that you can use. You can usualy find them out in the public viewing areas.

Gayle
08-09-2011, 06:45 PM
We stayed at Jambo in May, Beautiful resort. But the walk to our room from check in was rediculous. Tired after a busy day to long of a walk. Kidani was so much nicer. Would stay at Kidani over Jambo. You can always take bus to Jambo and look around.:mickey:

gwfx1031
08-10-2011, 07:32 PM
when we stayed at Kidani last year we had a pretty lengthy walk to our room as well. Both resorts are spread out.

sixshot19
08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
when we stayed at Kidani last year we had a pretty lengthy walk to our room as well. Both resorts are spread out.

Yes the walk to your rooms at Kidani is very long, and the atmosphere is not as nice as Jambo.

I have stayed in a regular hotel room at Jambo and a 2 room suite at Kidani.

If you have the choice stay at Jambo. My kids loved the splash pad area at Kidanu though.

Either way I agree that Animla Kingdom is the nicest overall resort on property. Have fun.:number1: