PDA

View Full Version : Another Food & Wine Festival Question

Dedivah
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
About those gift cards/wristlets? I am thinking about getting the card to purchase samples and ADR gratuitiy and appetizers. Can I purchase them when I get there or is that something I have to do before hand?

Being that we are on the dining plan, do we even need to purchase the gift card?

I have been reading about how expensive the samples are? What is a good budget to set for samples and ADR gratuity for 7 nights? About $500 (2 adults and I child 7)

This will be our first time at the F&W Festival and I really want to be prepared.

jnfr2424
07-21-2011, 03:44 PM
They sell the wristlets everywhere in Epcot during the F & W - No need for prepurchasing.
You can also refill the gift card anywhere as well.

By being on the Dining plan - some of the food items are considered snacks.
With that being said take into consideration that everyday you have the option of 1 table service, 1 quick service and 1 snack per person, per day. So if you don't use your snack points you can use them at the festival.

Depending on what you sample from each country and how many days you spend at the festival will let you be better able to budget.

Last year DH and I took us 2 days to do the festival and we each sampled different things from each country's kiosk (meaning we never got the same thing) and spent $300 and we were not on a dining plan.

Have a great time at the Festival - my family is looking forward to it this year as well!