PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

minnie-mouse
07-21-2011, 08:41 AM
We were planning on going next May 2012 for out next trip and staying at the Poly. But DH now says if we do next spring it will have to be a moderate resort (our 2nd fave CBR), or he said we could wait and do May 2013 and stay at the Poly (Allowing us to save up more and do trip the way we would really like to). I am soo torn. 2013 seems like so far away and just taking a trip next year is so enticing, but then I think about how the Fantasyland expansion won't be completed til late 2012 and if we go in 2013, we would be able to see it all. Any thoughts? We love Poly and all it has to offer, especially the convenience for our 2 DDs (5 &8) so I am so confused. Help!:confused:

Strmchsr
07-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Well, if I could stay in a value or a moderate and go both years, I would choose that hands down. But, if I had to choose between staying at a mod in 2012 OR Poly in 2013, I'd wait until 2013. It'll be much better to see the FLE finished. There will still be so much construction in 2012 that I think I would regret not waiting to see the finished stuff.

We LOVE Disney
07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know what will actually be complete by next June? I realize Fantasyland won't be fully complete until 2013 but I'm hoping some of it will be done when we go next June!

DisneyDINK
07-21-2011, 09:33 AM
if I had to choose between staying at a mod in 2012 OR Poly in 2013, I'd wait until 2013. It'll be much better to see the FLE finished. There will still be so much construction in 2012 that I think I would regret not waiting to see the finished stuff.

Plus, for me, the resort is a huge part of the experience. I really love having the boat and monorail nearby at the Poly. For my taste I would wait and do it the way I really want to.

I'll guess the majority of the board will disagree with me, though. The prevaling sentiment here at Intercot seems to be 'Go early, go often."

Strmchsr
07-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Does anyone know what will actually be complete by next June? I realize Fantasyland won't be fully complete until 2013 but I'm hoping some of it will be done when we go next June!

No announcement on expected completion date. Most credible rumors seem to indicate none of the new stuff will be open before next fall, but, again, that' not confirmed. Just a rumor. My guess is go with the expectation that nothing will be open and be happily surprised if something is.

BIGDOG
07-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Does anyone know in October of 2011 what will be opened or closed, is there going to be alot of construction this Oct mid month? I know there use to be a under referb section but I can't find it,,,Thanks

divinedi
07-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Don't know about the Fantasyland refurb, but the regular refurb schedule is here:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp

Strmchsr
07-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know in October of 2011 what will be opened or closed, is there going to be alot of construction this Oct mid month? I know there use to be a under referb section but I can't find it,,,Thanks

There's a ton of construction at MK, and there will be until FLE is done. It's not too bad at the other parks, though.

darthmacho
07-21-2011, 02:07 PM
I had a similar dilemma. When I left WDW in 2010, I figured to be back in 2013. Of course, I couldn't wait so long, so I devised this plan: Stay at a value resort in 2012, and if there is a bounceback offer, book the Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, for whatever % off they are offering. You might consider the same tactic, the key being that the bounceback offer is still on the table. :mickey:

In any case, good luck. :mickey:

faline
07-21-2011, 06:54 PM
I always prefer going more often. We've done everything from tent camping to values to moderates home away from homes to deluxes. We've enjoyed each trip, regardless of where we've stayed. I understand the lure of the Poly - it's my favorite resort - but has any trip been ruined by not staying there? Absolutely not!

That said, you know what will work best for your family!

Tink#64
07-21-2011, 11:28 PM
We love visiting the other resorts for dining & shopping & just general sight seeing, but staying at the values allows us to go far more often than if we were stay at the higher levels! We spend most of our time in the parks, so it really doesn't matter to us where we spend an hour in the pool every day or where we lay our heads at night, we're on WDW property & it's all magical! So yes, my vote is go early & often! :thumbsup:

minnie-mouse
07-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone for your great advice. I think our biggest issue is that we do tend to spend a lot of time at the resort so we want to make sure we are going to enjoy it. DH loves to have dinner wherever but then be back at Poly sitting on the beach relaxing for the rest of the evening while kids play. He really looks forward to that and I worry we won't get that great of an atmosphere anywhere else. So basically 6 of 8 nights (the other 2 would be spent in parks late night) we would be just hanging at resort. It's such a hard decision...

MNNHFLTX
07-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Could you negotiate with your husband--if you can do the Poly in May 2012 that you won't go anywhere in 2013?? :thedolls:

Seriously, if you've been hankering to stay at the Poly, I say wait a while longer and do it right. As you mentioned, that will allow you to see the completed Fantasyland too.