PDA

View Full Version : DME luggage tags?

Pop Centurion
07-21-2011, 02:24 AM
So I call DME to give them my flight info & requested an extra yellow luggage tag. I was told that now they only send one per guest but if I take my baggage claim check to the DME desk at MCO, they will take my info & retrieve our extra bag.

Has anyone else done this? If so was there a delay with that bag getting to your resort compared to the one's with the tag?

This just sounds like lost baggage waiting to happen. :confused:

BigRedDad
07-21-2011, 07:15 AM
I have done this without issue. Instead of pulling the luggage off before going to baggage claim, DME reps are at baggage claim (probably on the outside) looking for the luggage claim. I just put yellow duct tap on the handle, wrote my resort name, and confirmation on it with a Sharpie. No issue what so ever.

Unless things have changed, I use DME for luggage simply because they become your "agent" if baggage is lost. While you are enjoying your vacation, DME is working with the airlines to locate your luggage and work claims in your behalf. I witnessed this at AKL. One person had DME managing a completely lost suitcase and another person was doing it on their own. The one using DME had a daily credit to by new clothes for the day at AKL. The other person paid out of pocket and was not going to be compensated. The airline only gave them a $25 a day credit.

Jacket93
07-21-2011, 07:44 AM
Just call back DME @ 866-599-0951 and request extra tags they told me the same thing about taking my luggage to the desk and checking them there. I just called a few weeks back requesting extra tags and they sent them out no problem.

Just keep trying till you get the correct person.

disney_daddy
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
This happens to us every year and have never had a luggage problem. In addition to what they tell you to do we get some duct tape the same color as what they give you, print the resort on it and attach it just as if it was one of the tags they send you. When you give them your baggage claim check then you can also tell them about the tags you made. No we have never had any delays with our luggage.

Disney4us2
07-24-2011, 11:38 AM
The last two trips, I called DME for extra tags. They sent them out with no problems. For our upcoming trip, they sent them out again. I called DME even though the reservation was in my friends name. She received the extra tags the following weeks.