PDA

View Full Version : Back from our day trip to NYC

Katzateer
07-20-2011, 10:27 PM
My youngest and I took Amtrak for a day trip to NYC and had a great time.

We went to the Times Square Discovery Harry Potter props and costumes Exhibit. We really enjoyed it!:cloud9: I paid extra for the audio and it was worth it. Stephanie said she had seen most of the items at the store either at Universal or the shop at MCO but I was impressed with the items for sale. I really wanted a Maurenders map but it was too expensive(I know I didn't spell that right!). We got a really neat pop- up book.:thumbsup:

Also saw Wicked and it was as wonderful as others have said. I am not a big Wizard of Oz
fan but my daughter really wanted to go. Enjoyed every minute of it

Stopped in the Disneystore and got a mug with NYC logo and Mickey on it. The bags are so cool!

Stephanie got a few items at Forever 21

Didn't have time for a sit down meal. Got food at COSI - very good

We took a taxi from Penn Station to Times Square. The traffic was horrible and if I would have known the driver was not goingto turn the
air on I would have walked. I just didn't want to
start my day sweating ( but did anyway)

We walked from the theatre back to Penn Station and it wasn't a bad walk.

Am ready to go back- next time we will see Mama Mia and go to the new Cirque show at
Madison Square Gardens!

ElenitaB
07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Oh, I'm glad you liked Cosí!

And the play and the exhibit, of course! :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
07-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the report. Glad you had a good time in this heat!

SBETigg
07-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I love Cosi! We have one nearby here in CT. Very happy with that!

What a great day in NYC! I saw Wicked a little while ago and really enjoyed it, too. I love being close enough to day trip into the city. :thumbsup:

Katzateer
07-22-2011, 07:55 AM
I think the name COSI confused me when we first saw one at the train station. In Columbus Ohio we used to go to COSI all the time it is Columbus Ohio Science Institute, a really fun museum. Glad I checked out the one on the East coast :)
The food is great

DisneyDog
07-26-2011, 08:31 PM
So glad you enjoyed your day! We got our tickets. Looked into train tickets from 30th St Station and they were very expensive. We will drive to North Jersey and get the train there. Will save about $80/pp that way.