PDA

View Full Version : July dining thoughts

DisneyBunch5
07-20-2011, 12:42 PM
My wife, son (14), 2 kids and myself recently returned from a trip to Disney. Here are some thoughts on our dining experiences.

Table Service

Nine Dragons
The cucumber salad appetizer has become one of our favorites here. We also enjoy the honey sesame chicken, but a full portion can be a bit too much (too sweet), so we usually end up splitting it along with another entrée and appetizer (or 2) among our group. It would be great if they also offered the sesame chicken as an appetizer. We wish that they would make some occasional changes to the menu to make us want to come back. We’ve been here a few times and the menu is getting old. Service was good, we didn’t feel rushed.

Teppan Edo
Remains one of our favorites. The filet migon was very tender. My wife tried something different, ordering the swordfish and was pleasantly surprised at the flavor and texture. I would consider getting it next time we go there. Servers were attentive, making sure drinks were refilled and asked if we wanted more rice.

Tony’s Town Square
We went for both lunch and dinner (not on the same day of course). Food was average, but seating issues soured our dinner experience a bit. Service was above average (probably because we vented a bit to our dinner waiter in regards to our seating issues). Because of management’s lack of concern to resolve our issues or make amends, we will not be returning to Tony’s.

Biergarten
All of us enjoy the variety offered here. The kids even eat items other than chicken nuggets and mac & cheese. The food, service, music and of course beer was very good. We enjoyed our meal without feeling rushed. This is on our must do list.

Cape May Café
We’ve eaten dinner here, but this was out first time for breakfast. It was a very pleasant surprise, with a wide variety of items to choose from for both adults and kids. We enjoyed the variety more than what is available at Chef Mickey’s or Crystal Palace. Service was nothing special, having to ask repeatedly for more drinks.

Via Napoli
I’m not sure if it was the food or the pitcher of sangria, but it was the best meal of our trip. Ok, it was the combination that worked for us. We shared a large pizza, candele pasta and family-style salad. The pizza was cooked perfectly and the thin crust didn’t fill us up too much on a hot and humid evening, like a thicker crust would have done. The pasta was tasty and not too heavy. Service was excellent, allowing us to enjoy our meal and drinks while we watched people scurry from the quick downpour. We would definitely be returning for the quality food and, of course, sangria.

La Hacienda
Last time we dined here, we found that the portions were large, so this time we decided to share. We enjoyed the taquiza (taco trio) and pollo al pastor (chicken). These items, along with the chips was more than enough for my wife, son and myself to enjoy. The chicken was very tender. Of course, we saved a bit of room for dessert (empanada de manzana). Service was very good.

Counter Service

Beaches And Cream
We enjoy the atmosphere and the food here. But having lunch here, just after arriving at the resort helped put us in a good mood. The hamburgers, chicken and soup were good, but I think that we all enjoyed the dessert the most. No, we weren’t brave enough to try to tackle the kitchen sink, we decided to start our trip with moderation and split a banana split.

Yaki & Yeti
We enjoyed the sweet and sour chicken & the orange beef. But from past visits we’ve learned that the rice quickly gets soaked in the sauce since it’s at the bottom on the container. This time, we asked for extra plates so that we could remove it from the containers. This made it more enjoyable to eat, without eh rice being saturated in sauce.

Tangierine Café
This was the first time that we tried the café and was pleasantly surprised. We shared some slider combos. The lamb was our favorite. My son and I thought that the falafel was a bit too dry/spicy, but my wife enjoyed it. The side dishes complimented the sliders and were enjoyable even in the heat. The tabouleh was my favorite. The lentils were tender and the hummus was light and tasty (and I’m not a big hummus fan). The selections filled us, but were light enough to be enjoyable. We’ll definitely be returning here.

Columbia Harbour House
We’ve been here a few times and the food has always been good. My son enjoyed the fried shrimp (the portion was very big). My wife and I split the BLT salad and clan chowder. Both were very tasty. In the past, we’ve also enjoy the anchors away sandwich (tuna). We always make a point to stop in here at least once for lunch.

Wishes Dessert Party
I reluctantly booked this without high expectations, going back and forth and whether or nor it was worth it. It was a bit pricey, but VERY enjoyable and would consider it again. There was a nice variety of desserts, including ice cream with toppings. The ice cream was soft which made it easier and more enjoyable to eat. Fruit was also available. We were seated about 1 hour before the fireworks and sampled (OK, devoured) some desserts. It was great to sit, eat and drink without having to fight the crowds after a long day in the parks. Our table was near the front, so we could relax and stay seated while watching the fireworks. Those people that stood at the rail were considerate enough not to stand directly in front of people seated near the rails. You could sit and enjoy more desserts and drinks after the fireworks, although most people (including us) had enough by then and left soon after the crowds dispersed.

Miscellaneous
We didn’t try it, but the picnic in the park was available at the Beastly Bazaar. There were sandwiches and wraps available in a cooler, along with drinks, sides (chips and I don’t remember what else) and a bag to carry it in. Signs detailed the various pricing options and what was included in each.

January-2007
07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
You hit a lot of our favourites! The Tangierine Cafe is among my favourite eateries in the world! I'm glad your son enjoyed the shrimp at Columbia Harbor House. ... I think our kids are interested in trying it too. Your review of Via Napoli has me wanting to see if we can squeeze it in. What a nice experience you had.

Thanks for your reviews!