PDA

View Full Version : DVC AP Question

sydneymouse
07-20-2011, 11:58 AM
My parents will be taking my kids to DW and I'd like to purchase annual passes for the kids. My husband and I wont be with them. If I send my DVC card will the kids be able to get the DVC discount?

disneymom15
07-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Couldn't you call DVC ahead of time and get vouchers for them.

DizneyRox
07-20-2011, 02:00 PM
You need to call Member Services...

Vouchers by themselves will do no good. Guest Relations will verify eligibility at the point of converting the vouchers to full passes. You need to provide ID, membership card and vouchers at the window. Since you don't have an adult with a valid DVC card present, I'm not sure how that would/could be handled.

They do this to prevent a DVC member from buying discounted passes and handing them out to anyone who wants one.

VWL Mom
07-20-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure of the answer but I might have a "just in case" suggestion. I'm assuming you want to get them APs because you will be going again this year with the kids.

If the AP option is a no go you could add an extra day to the pass they are buying this trip and add the "no exp" option. (ie: if they are going for 7 buy 8) Then when you go back with them you could upgrade them to DVC AP.

You'd have to run the numbers but I think it may be an alternative.

DizneyRox
07-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Not sure you can upgrade a ticket after 14 days. Maybe an AP is an exception...

VWL Mom
07-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Thanks DRox. I knew regular tickets had to be upgraded before 14 days but thought the no exp option changed that.

Sorry

sydneymouse
07-21-2011, 11:02 AM
I just called Member Services and was told to call before they left and that MS would create a special account so that they would be able to get the discount at Guest Services. They said that I would need to send a copy of my member card and ID. Hopefully, this will go smoothly.

VWL Mom
07-21-2011, 12:01 PM
I just called Member Services and was told to call before they left and that MS would create a special account so that they would be able to get the discount at Guest Services. They said that I would need to send a copy of my member card and ID. Hopefully, this will go smoothly.

Glad it worked out. :thumbsup:

seanyred
07-23-2011, 02:13 PM

Hope you have the info of the CM from Member Services, just in case you get someone at Guest Relations that doesn't know about this procedure. It is nice to here that they will work with you on this situation.