PDA

View Full Version : day before thanksgiving-help please

PracticallyPerfectMollie
07-20-2011, 10:45 AM
HI all, We are going to be at Disney thanksgiving week. We are planning to visit EPCOT the day before thanksgiving. We also have reservations at BBB at DTD that morning. I thought this would be alright because we aren't planning on doing test track, mars, and other big attractions. We mostly want to do some of the kids stuff like seas, journey into imagination and then just enjoy the world showcase.

I also understand that the crowd levels will be high. I guess my question is, does anybody think the park may reach capacity and therefore should we cancel BBB? We are tied to a school break schedule so we just plan to brave the crowds.

Our plan is mon-MK, tue-studios, wed-epcot, thurs.-AK, fri-MK. Any thoughts on this plan? We are very open to suggestions. On a normal week, we would save MK for last but I just don't want to chance it on T'giving week.

Thanks,

faline
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Personally, I think you'll be fine. If you were going over 4th of July or Christmas, things would be iffier. Even at those times, Epcot doesn't tend to be one of the parks that reaches capacity and tends to be one that handles larger crowds better than the rest especially if you are planning to spend most of your time at he rides and attractions that don't draw the largest crowds. On one trip, we went to Epcot mid-day on Christmas day and, for the day and time of year, the park was not as crowded as we expected.

CynBeth
07-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi! We'll be at Disney during Thanksgiving Week as well. Where are you staying? We'll be at POFQ.

Here is our schedule

11/19- half a day at DHS after arrival
11/20 - EPCOT
11/21 - Universal/IOA
11/22 - MK
11/23 - Kennedy Space Center and DTD
11/24 - AK and Thanksgiving Dinner at Trail's End
11/25 - Sea World and then in evening to EPCOT for Candlelight Processional

Four months to go!

emerzmom
07-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I have been several times during this week. I think you will be fine.
:tink:Enjoy!