PDA

View Full Version : POR Renovation

We LOVE Disney
07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I read in another post that POR is currently undergoing renovation and all of the rooms are being upgraded to queen-sized beds. I was just wondering if anyone knew which buildings are under renovation and when it will be complete? Also, is the only renovation going to be bed sizes or what else are they doing?

We will be staying there next June and we will be in one of the preferred buildings. Are those included in the renovation?

Tracy

We LOVE Disney
08-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Anyone :confused:

DisneyCrazy
08-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Currently, Acadian House is being refurbished, it will be completed sometimes in early August. The next refurb will be Magnolia Terrace which will start after Acadian House is completed. The entire resort, both magnolia bend and alligator bayou, is supposed to be completed in June 2012. The rooms in the two other mansions are being converted to "royal rooms" which will have command a higher price.

We LOVE Disney
08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks DisneyCrazy :thumbsup:

Do you know what is being done to the alligator bayou section? We will be there next July and I was curious as to what to expect.

Thanks!

DisneyCrazy
08-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks DisneyCrazy :thumbsup:

Do you know what is being done to the alligator bayou section? We will be there next July and I was curious as to what to expect.

Thanks!

They major change is the bedding will be updated to queens. The first set of alligator bayou lodges to be refurbed (36,37,38,39) will start in late October and will be finished around mid to late December. I don't think Disney has released concept photos of the new rooms, except the "royal" rooms.

We LOVE Disney
08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I wonder IF they will put bigger beds in the Alligator Bayou sections that have the trundles?? It would be GREAT if they did but I don't see how there would be room.

Anyone out there know?

Goofy4TheWorld
08-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I wonder IF they will put bigger beds in the Alligator Bayou sections that have the trundles?? It would be GREAT if they did but I don't see how there would be room.

Anyone out there know?

I think the bigger concern is if Disney puts Queen beds in there WITHOUT the trundle beds, thus leaving family's of 5 back with nothing but Deluxe Re$ort$ to choose from for single-room accommodations (Art of Animation is priced like a deluxe so it doesn't count.)

We LOVE Disney
08-11-2011, 09:08 AM
I think the bigger concern is if Disney puts Queen beds in there WITHOUT the trundle beds, thus leaving family's of 5 back with nothing but Deluxe Re$ort$ to choose from for single-room accommodations (Art of Animation is priced like a deluxe so it doesn't count.)

Oh my! I never thought of that! We are a family of 5 and have tried a few different resorts but POR is BY FAR our favorite!! Of course, with my kids getting bigger the trundle may not work in the future.

We are booked for next June at POR with the trundle so I am assuming those rooms won't have the bigger beds yet. But, I have no idea.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-28-2011, 10:07 PM

Just to update, I read this on another site:

26-Aug-11: To put the ongoing debate to bed once and for all (to use a very suitable metaphor) I had a great meeting today with someone who can give us an absolutely definitive answer on the extra bed in Alligator Bayou question. (Thank you for your generosity with your time if you are reading this)

So YES, the fifth person bed option IS staying, but not as a trundle bed (as they won't fit with the new queen beds). The new option will be a fold-down bed which is actually bigger than the current trundle beds, and it will allow an adult to use it rather than just kids. Oh, and AB fans will love to hear that the existing floor tiling in the bathroom and vanity areas will be staying, as it was only installed fairly recently. The general rustic concept will be staying too.

On the downside, one other thing that I learned it that the option to have an extra roll-away bed brought into the other areas (Magnolia Bend and French Quarter) will no longer be available with the queen beds. There will also definitely be no King Bed rooms available in the new Royal Room areas (which we already knew from the booking site).

crltkcagle
08-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Magnolia Bend, Acadian House: starts 26 June 2011, for approx. six weeks
Magnolia Bend, Magnolia Terrace: starts 31 July 2011, for approx. six weeks
Alligator Bayou, Lodges 36, 37, 38, 39: starts 25 October 2011, for approx. eight weeks
Magnolia Bend, Oak Manor: starts 15 January 2012, for approx. five weeks [Royal Themed Rooms]
Magnolia Bend, Parterre Place: starts 19 February 2012, for approx. five weeks [Royal Themed Rooms]
Alligator Bayou, Lodges 24, 16, 17, 28: starts 3 April 2012, for approx. eight weeks
Alligator Bayou, Lodges 14, 27, 18, 15: starts 8 May 2012, for approx. seven weeks
Alligator Bayou, Lodges 25, 35, 26, 34: starts 5 June 2012, for approx. eight weeks

We LOVE Disney
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Alligator Bayou, Lodges 14, 27, 18, 15: starts 8 May 2012, for approx. seven weeks

Ooooh I hope they are DONE with this section early! We check into one of these "preferred" locations on June 23rd 2012 (slightly before the 7 week end date).

So YES, the fifth person bed option IS staying, but not as a trundle bed (as they won't fit with the new queen beds). The new option will be a fold-down bed which is actually bigger than the current trundle beds, and it will allow an adult to use it rather than just kids.

Where in the world are they going to fit a fold down bed??

rhonary
09-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm wondering the same thing...where on earth would there be room for a fold out bed!?? Be great if this is the case..I checked with Disney and basicly it was no comment...a kinda wait and see what happens...now theres alot of help!:confused: Hope we'll hear something soon...would love to go back to AB..we're a family of 5 too with kids too big for the trundle bed. As stated before a family of 5 seems to be left out...everything seems to be for 4 or less!