PDA

View Full Version : Poly -private cabanas?

minnie-mouse
07-19-2011, 12:56 PM
I read on Tikimans page that there are now private beach cabanas to rent on Poly's beach? Has anyone seen these? DO they take up a lot of space for the regular guests on the beach? Also, I read that the movies on the beach are also now moved to by the dock and pool. Has anyone seen this? Does it take away from watching the fireworks and electric water parade at night? We always loved how quiet the beach was a night to watch the fireworks. :(

MNNHFLTX
07-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I believe there are two privates cabanas for rent by the volcano pool--none on the beach, as far as I know. Sorry, I can't answer your question about the movies.

pigsinspace
07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
When we were there in June, they waited until after the water pageant passed by to start the movie. We left as the movie was starting, so I can't say what they do when the fireworks happen.

minnie-mouse
07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the help.

LisaP
07-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Stayed at Poly in May and did not see any rental cabanas. The electrical water pageant passes around 9:35 at Poly, so they would pause the movie until it passed. The movie was over much before fireworks, but I imagine that varies with the MK park closing times/fireworks schedule.

minnie-mouse
07-20-2011, 08:31 AM
So I guess the beach gets crowded at night then because of the movie? :( We always loved Poly beach at night because it was quiet and peaceful, tell me that hasn't changed?!! :confused:

LisaP
07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
So I guess the beach gets crowded at night then because of the movie? :( We always loved Poly beach at night because it was quiet and peaceful, tell me that hasn't changed?!! :confused:

No, no not at all. I strolled the grounds at night with DS, and there were only about a dozen people or so watching the movie. There were a few people meandering along the beach, yet it still seemed laid back and tranquil to me - even with the movie going.

minnie-mouse
07-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks so much Lisa! That makes me so happy. One of DH's favorite things is to sit on the beach at night.

Catzle
07-23-2011, 08:52 PM
We stayed there in May and we though it was crowded, there were about 30 or so people watching the movie and a lot waiting for the fireworks. They do pause the movie when the fireworks start.