PDA

View Full Version : Opinions / Planning Help!

wdwaggie
07-19-2011, 12:50 PM
OK, heading back to WDW in Sept with just DW and myself for my 40th Birthday.:party: I really want to do TSMM and EE as these are both new to me. Our current plan is on our arrival day to go straight to MGM - sorry, it will always be that to me - and take our chances with TSMM lines and hopefully ride ST also. Park is open late this night with EMH, so I'm hoping our gamble pays off. We will go to AK at rope drop, so EE is a sure thing. My dillema is should we reverse this and do AK on arrival and be at MGM for rope drop? I prefer AK in the mornings for the heat and animal activity. What are ya'lls thoughts??

DisneyBunch5
07-19-2011, 01:13 PM
What time do you expect to be at the park on the day of arrival?

cuteduck223
07-19-2011, 01:18 PM
I would probably reverse it, depending on arrival time (will you actually have time to do AK if you arrive later in the day). Just me personally though. We do HS (mgm ;) ) first thing or not at all most of the time.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I guess it would be a gamble with TSM...I've heard that fastpasses are gone by midday...still if you're willing to stand in standby line for an hour and a half go for it....

WRWDisney
07-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Definitely reverse it.

MNNHFLTX
07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
How many days are you there for? I would go to both parks first thing in the morning (if you're there two mornings) if you want to get on both of your preferred rides without having to wait 1-1/2 hours (and I agree that the animals are much more active early in the day at Animal Kingdom).

Personally, I don't go to any park late in the day that has EMH--it gets too crowded, IMO.

If you're only there for one morning, then I would go for the Studios at rope drop. You should be able to get a Fast Pass for the ride and then get in the Standby line too.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Many people do as you like to do and get to AK early.

But we have found that AK just about clears out after the Jammin Jungle parade and during the last 40 minutes or so of the park hours, we have rode EE 4 times in a row. The CM's actually let DH and I just stay on the ride since there were only maybe 6 people waiting to get on everytime we pulled in to exit the ride.

We got to AK at 3:30 and were able to ride everything we wanted. We ran to KS and then over to Dinosaur and then back to EE for the rest of the evening.

You'll never see that drop off in # of people in line at TSM. Star Tours - maybe... but, not TSM. especially on a EMH evening.