PDA

View Full Version : Package Changes

iceicebritney
07-19-2011, 10:26 AM
I have a question regarding reservation changes. Hopefully there are some of you out there who have been through this :)

We booked our stay at Pop online, the room tickets and Dining plan. We paid for the entire package at the time of booking.

My questions, do I have the option to change resorts now that I've paid for my package in full? Our paperwork says to "modify or change" our reservation we need to call the reservations number. Before I do that, Has anyone had any experience with this? Does Disney allow this and do they penalize you? thank you all in advance!

BigRedDad
07-19-2011, 10:28 AM
I think what happens is that it would be a new reservation. It is basically canceling the existing one and creating a new one.

I am sure someone from MJ will respond with exactly what is entailed.

DebK
07-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Subject to availability, you can just modify your existing package.....

iceicebritney
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks guys! I'm curious though, will they credit the change with the existing reservation balance or will I have to pay the additional rate in full. For example if Pop is $90 a night and CB is $150, will I be charged an additional $150 or just the difference of $60? And are there any additional fees associated w this change?

Niecyboo
07-19-2011, 01:18 PM
As long as there is availability they should just charge the difference between the two resorts. As far as penalties, it all depends on when you are traveling. If you are within 45 days of your vacation, Disney may charge a $50.00 Change fee, but they usually waive this for upgrades. If you are close to your vacation, they may also charge a $15.00 Document printing fee if they have already printed one set of documents. They used to waive this too, but have been more strict about it. If you are outside of the 45 day mark, they shouldn't charge any additional fees. Everything is subject to availability, though.

iceicebritney
07-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much Denise! I really appreciate the information :) We are 47 Days out, and hope to finalize our changes next week. I guess that means we'll be inside the 45 Day mark and probably have to cross our fingers for no change or paperwork fees!

iceicebritney
07-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to follow up to my original post in this thread. I called WDW Reservations last night to upgrade my Memories package from one resort category to another. It was quite a difficult experience.

I spoke with a representative who proceeded to tell me that any changes I made to my package would incur a $200 fee + the package price difference for the upgraded resort. )Has anyone ever heard of this????) She explained this fee resulted from my original package being booked online without the use of an agent and that this package change is being booked by her, in result she said there would be a fee. She had me in a corner. If you've ever made your reservations online through WDW, you know that when you get your confirmation it clearly states that all changes must be made by calling 407-W-Disney. There are no way to make changes online. I continued to question this policy, and she continued to give me the same answer. I was ready to give up and just keep our reservation as is, so we ended the call.

After speaking with my husband, I called back again. This time I spoke with a wonderful and extremely helpful representative named Gloria. Gloria was fabulous:thumbsup: I explained the previous phone call to her and she told me she had never heard of such a thing so she would check with her supervisor. Gloria came back and said the only fee that could possibly be imposed, since I'm inside the 45 day mark, is if I were to change my package dates completely and that would only be a $65 fee.

To sum up a very long story (3 Hours on the phone!!), whoever I got the first time I called was trying to pull a fast one on me. However, thanks to my second phone call and the helpfulness of Gloria:mickey:, we had a happy ending without incurring an additional $200 fee! I wanted to share this with everyone so that someone else doesn't just agree to pay this $200 additional fee for no reason!

disneymomma2010
07-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Wow, I hope you got that cm's name! Its a good thing you called back!

iceicebritney
07-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I unfortunately didn't get the name of the first CM! I wish I had!:(

They prompt you for the survey after you call, and I didn't do it after the first call because I was so baffled by this fee nonsense. However, after Gloria straightened everything out I made sure to take time to complete the survey and give her a fabulous review.:mickey:

I sure hope no one else has to go through that!!

brivers222
07-27-2011, 11:24 AM
sounded like some CM wanted a $200 bonus in their pocket ;)

Glad you didn't oblige them

DizneyRox
07-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Calling Disney is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get...

Sounds like you got one of those gross creme filled ones nobody else touches!

faline
07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Calling Disney is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get...

Sounds like you got one of those gross creme filled ones nobody else touches!

Very true. When I get someone who doesn't seem to have a clue, I simply thank them, hang up, and redial.