PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside

NewmanFamily6
07-19-2011, 10:08 AM
My DD's dance group is staying at POR in January. We are DVC members so I have never stayed here but we need to stay with the group. Would you recommend paying for the closer room?:mickey:

Itchy
07-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Very good question. I think that it would be up to you. I have stayed at POR twice before and have been in the Manions across from the food court area and the last time I was in aligator buyou.

The latter had a little further walk but nothing extreme. It was very relaxing with all of the flowers, bushes, water ways, and trees along the way. Quite comes to mind.

I will be back there in 46 days and hope for something close but it really won't matter to me because I will be back at WDW.:mickey:

darthmacho
07-19-2011, 11:46 AM
It depend on what you wish to be close to. We were in Magnolia Terrace, the mansion that was supposed to be closest to the main building, yet we still had a pretty good walk, over a bridge and past the pool to get there. I'm not complaining, mind you, because I really enjoyed the walking.
If you're concerned over proximity to bus stops, there are 4 depots, and I believe all of the rooms are fairly close to at least one.
Meanwhile, I hope you have a great time. POR is a fabulous resort! :mickey:

DonaldsBFF
07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
I would not pay any extra. I would request a standard view room and just make a request on the reservation that it was not a parking lot view. The grounds are beautiful and the walk is very peaceful.

texas211
07-24-2011, 07:13 PM
I have stayed numerous times all throughout the Alligator side of things. Far/close, has its advantages. I prefer a closer building, but i favor one that is closest to the semi private pool.

Love Riverside, or Dixie Landings to those of use who remember.

hauntedmansiongirl
07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
We have been many times and have never stayed in a preferred room. We usually stay in Alligator Bayou buildings 37 or 39 (the farthest away from Riverside Mill and the lobby) and we have never found the walk to be bad. There area bus stops all around the resort, so it's only walking to get food or the main pool that takes a bit longer. The landscaping is lush and well done, so it never seems that long. Save the money for treats and enjoy your trip!!! :mickey:

garymacd
07-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Love Riverside, or Dixie Landings to those of use who remember.

I remember!

Staying at one of the close rooms in AB Buildings 14, 15 or 16 has two distinct advantages:
1 Close to the food court
2 Close to the first bus stop

You will now pay for those privileges, though.

The mansions are beautiful, but the rooms are not that much different. They have the same footprint, just different theming.

All the grounds are beautiful (AB is quite rustic and the Mansions are quite formal), and the walk to the main building is not that long.

So, it's up to you. Pay or walk. Also keep in mind that the Mansions bus stop is usually last to get picked up, so there may not be seats on the buses when you get on. An easy way around it is go for breakfast ready to leave for the day and then hop on the bus outside the main building doors.

texas211
07-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I think many of us have found the walks throughout RS relaxing, and even the farthest walk isn't that far.