PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Day 10!

mouseketeer mom
07-19-2011, 07:14 AM
This is our final day. Hard to believe another trip was coming to a close. Oddly, I am ok with this. I don't have that usual painful feeling. I know we have both Vermont and Disneyland to look forward to this summer. I know that to make those happen, I have to leave!! Katie however, is struggling. So much so, she crys on and off. And oddly, Steve is struggling too. He was so happy to be back at the Polynesian. Hmmm..boy have I turned my family into Disney lovers!
We had an evening departure, so we have the majority of the day. We were granted a 3pm checkout, so that helps alot.
We had breakfast in the lounge and we said goodbye to our morning friends. I love morning in the lounge. I took some pics.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4446.jpg and..
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4445.jpg
We made it to MK for opening. We stayed until about noon, riding and strolling and doing that taking it all in thing. We encountered PUSH..
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4472.jpg
He is so funny, when I can understand him, of course! We had by far, the worst skipper we have ever had at WDW on the Jungle Cruise. An older gentlemen, who told ZERO jokes, he instead talked about each animal like they were real, the length of their tusks, life span, he was giving us a very slow, dull lecture about animal life and we couldn't believe it. It was just awful. I can't even say how awful it was.
The kids each got a cone, and Steve and I Dole Whips, and we scored a table outside in the shade on Main Street and people watched.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4476.jpg
This is by far, my favorite activity in WDW. I could do this for hours. Katie too. Steve doesn't understand how we can just sit there and watch, but it is amazing what you see. People are amazing.
One last view of the castle.,
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4475.jpg
I make one last purchase at the Emporium, the Illuminatons CD and we head back to the Poly. We decided on taking the monorail back and we get stuck inside the CR! For 30 minutes, as there is a problem shutting one of the doors. Katie was thrilled, hoping we would miss our plane. Nope, we make it back, no worries. We pack up quickly and ship two boxes home.
Off to the pool! We swam, played games, and had lunch poolside from Captain Cooks. Pulled pork Nachos, adult grilled cheeses and noodle bowls.
I was so happy when it started raining and thundering and they were cancelling pool activities. It made leaving easier! We said our final goodbyes to our room, our ducks, and Kai went on a last lizard hunt. We called for our car and we were on our way. I am still doing ok with leaving. I am grateful for our trip together and know we have so much more to look forward to. Disneyland is in a matter of weeks!!!
I really like having the car, and somehow, not being on the Magical Express bus makes leaving easier too. We did it at our own pace.
We had an uneventful flight, and have decided to return for Halloween!
Thanks for reading!

VWL Mom
07-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Lisa, another great set of reports to what started out as a not so good trip but had a happy ending. :thumbsup:

Sorry about the slow start at Vero but thankful for the report. We had been considering HH or Vero for next summer but HH seems the way to go.

So jealous you were able to get the D&B messenger. I tried Uptown Jeweler on our last day (6/29) and they were still expecting them, looks like they got them in time for you. :mickey:

Totally get the Waffle House thing, always a highlight for DS19 when he's on a baseball trip and they go there (even thought they do not have taylor ham).

Family looks great, love your hair, had considered blowout express for myself but instead just cut it all off.

Enjoy your summer, looking forward to your DL report.

RedSoxFan
07-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Enjoyed reading about your trip. Sounds like a great time. Nice pictures too. Have a great rest of the summer.:mickey:

wildernesslady
07-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the great reports. Enjoy your other two vacations this summer. Halloween will be here before you know it. The summer is already flying by.

gerald72
07-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Great reports

iceicebritney
07-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Love the pics! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time :)

In a few of the photos, one of the girls was wearing a Disneyland lanyard which looked to be holding her park passes, etc. Where did you get that?

gauvin4
07-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I have enjoyed your trip reports. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to hearing about your next trip!!

buzznwoodysmom
07-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Lisa, another wonderful trip. Before you know it you'll be in Disneyland, then back in WDW for Halloween.

We love having a car too. We often get asked why we drive since we go so often and its such a far drive. I love the fact that we can leave when we are ready. So many times we expected to leave first thing in the morning and ended up there till lunch, or even better for another night.

Its funny you say Katie and Steve had a tough time leaving. As my boys get older I think leaving for them gets harder, like they've come to appreciate this time together in "our" special place. It used to be just about a fun vacation ending and going back to "boring old home", but now its more about the place we are leaving and the feeling we all have when we are there. I also find on each trip we go on Kevin gets the bug a bit more too. Now he is the one saying what he wants to do "next time" when we aren't even out the gates yet.

Can't wait to ready about Disneyland in a few weeks!

Auntie B
07-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Looking forward to hearing about DL!!

SBETigg
07-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Wow, what was with the Jungle Cruise Skipper? No jokes? That's so wrong. People watching at Disney is the best. And shopping! Love the shopping. And... well, everything. I know it's so hard to leave. But more happy adventures ahead for you Poly People, so will wait for future reports. I'm headed to Disneyland for my first time next year.

luvDaMouse
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Lisa,
Great reports as usual:), I always look forward to them! Love your writing style, give just the right amount of details and love the pictures. I haven’t spent the time to figure out how to post pictures yet, also my family (and myself included) do not like our pictures taken:blush:.

We will be there in October too! Are you going to be there ON Halloween?

BTW---Off topic, I saw your son and husband at our local gym working out on the machines (I belong to the same gym) I didn’t want to bother them or think that I am a stalker;) or anything! You and the girls were probably in the exercise class.

Thanks again for the reports, looking forward to your report on DL!
Dana

mouseketeer mom
07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Lisa,
Great reports as usual:), I always look forward to them! Love your writing style, give just the right amount of details and love the pictures. I haven’t spent the time to figure out how to post pictures yet, also my family (and myself included) do not like our pictures taken:blush:.

We will be there in October too! Are you going to be there ON Halloween?

BTW---Off topic, I saw your son and husband at our local gym working out on the machines (I belong to the same gym) I didn’t want to bother them or think that I am a stalker;) or anything! You and the girls were probably in the exercise class.

Thanks again for the reports, looking forward to your report on DL!
Dana

Yes! Dana! That is us. I am at the gym probably 6 days out of the week. Mostly classes for me. I love the classes, especially spin and kickboxing. I am mostly there in the am, but if Kai and Steve are going in the evening, I will go again, Say Hi! Oh, and Yes, we will be there on the actual Halloween!

mouseketeer mom
07-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Love the pics! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time :)

In a few of the photos, one of the girls was wearing a Disneyland lanyard which looked to be holding her park passes, etc. Where did you get that?

Katie got the Disneyland lanyard at the Emporium in Disneyland last August!

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
return for halloween???? What a great ending to a wdw vacation - a definite plan for the next one!

I enjoyed reading your trip reports and looking at your pictures. You have a great family and I hope to raise Disney addicts so much so that they too want to 'go to college at Mouse U'.

thank you for sharing!

January-2007
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the trip reports!

Mackflava99
07-19-2011, 03:47 PM
The last day is always sad, it never ever stops-

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 04:49 PM
I guess its easier to leave when you know you'll soon be back....wow, what kind of ice cream was that?

faline
07-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Great reports, as always! And now you have so many other trips to look forward to as well!

MizMissy
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
What a wonderful trip! I love how you didn't let the disappointment of Vero spoil your trip.
And, so glad you are getting the most out of your APs and going to enjoy Halloween at the Happiest Place on Earth.

I know I've probably told you this before, but your children are absolutely beautiful. And, that gorgeous hair!! They really seem to make the most out of their trips, family time, smiling and really enjoying all the details.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I hope you have a great trip to Vermont and Disneyland and enjoy the rest of your summer with your kids.

mouseketeer mom
07-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I guess its easier to leave when you know you'll soon be back....wow, what kind of ice cream was that?

We always get the kiddie cones at the Main Street Ice cream parlor. They come with Mickey ears! And Khloe was eating Butterfinger ice cream, a special flavor of the day.

Mammabruski
07-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I just love your family's trip reports! What a shame that Vero was Ver-no for you guys... we're new DVC members and I thought Vero looked pretty cute and a good idea for an Ocean vacation, guess not!

It's so wonderful to see a family have such a good time on vacation, especially with teenagers! I can only hope we are so lucky in 10 years or so...

Enjoy the rest of your summer and all your wonderful vacations you have planned!

EpcotChic23
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
I love the pics it really makes me feel I am there with you guys. I am trying to convince my family to go for Halloween. It is more difficult than usual.:thedolls:

disneymomma2010
07-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I loved reading your reports and seeing all the pictures. You have a beautiful family. Can't wait to hear about disneyland, I have never been!

emerzmom
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your trip. It takes a lot of time to write the reports but it is just another way of sharing the magic!
Again, many thanks.
:mickey:
Julie

Suz36
07-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm with Steve and Katie - it never gets any easier to leave! However, it certainly helps knowing you'll be returning so soon. Halloween was such a fun time to be there - we loved the party!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share you trip with us. Hearing about your pace really does inspire me to try to slow down while we're there - actually being able to do it is another story! Enjoy the rest of your summer, and I look forward to reading about your DL trip!

Cara121078
07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Loved your whole trip report! I also love how your older kids still love Disney. I hope I'm that lucky when my own are teenagers!

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
sounds like it was a really nice day you all had..even if you were leaving at night..
thank you for sharing yor trip with us..i always enjoy reading about your trips!:mickey:

BrerGnat
07-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Lisa, amazing trip reports! I've read all of them, but have been unable to really reply. As you know, we've been in the process of moving for almost a month now, and FINALLY got our stuff a few days ago.

Your WDW trip sounded amazing. Vero, not so much. Thanks for the perspective there. I've been considering it for the future, but from what you experienced, I think we'd have a hard time enjoying it there as well. I've heard it referred to a "Zero Beach" before...

I think your family singlehandedly keeps WDW Merchandising alive. ;) Sounds like you got some great souvenirs this time around. Save some $$$ for Disneyland, though! There are lots of cool things to buy over there now, particularly at D-Street. :mickey:

I can't wait to hear about Disneyland. When are you going down there?

mouseketeer mom
07-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Lisa, amazing trip reports! I've read all of them, but have been unable to really reply. As you know, we've been in the process of moving for almost a month now, and FINALLY got our stuff a few days ago.

Your WDW trip sounded amazing. Vero, not so much. Thanks for the perspective there. I've been considering it for the future, but from what you experienced, I think we'd have a hard time enjoying it there as well. I've heard it referred to a "Zero Beach" before...

I think your family singlehandedly keeps WDW Merchandising alive. ;) Sounds like you got some great souvenirs this time around. Save some $$$ for Disneyland, though! There are lots of cool things to buy over there now, particularly at D-Street. :mickey:

I can't wait to hear about Disneyland. When are you going down there?

We are heading to DL mid August. Almost a 2 wk stay this time around, I'm excited. We're leaving for Vermont in the am, so I actually have been just giving one trip at a time my attention! When I get back from Vermont, I'll swing into gear for DL!
You have to feel good to finally get your stuff. Does it feel like home at all yet?

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-22-2011, 08:21 AM
We always get the kiddie cones at the Main Street Ice cream parlor. They come with Mickey ears! And Khloe was eating Butterfinger ice cream, a special flavor of the day.

Yummm:bar:

BrerGnat
07-22-2011, 11:40 AM
We are heading to DL mid August. Almost a 2 wk stay this time around, I'm excited. We're leaving for Vermont in the am, so I actually have been just giving one trip at a time my attention! When I get back from Vermont, I'll swing into gear for DL!
You have to feel good to finally get your stuff. Does it feel like home at all yet?

Can you take me with you to DL? I miss it already.

Starting to feel like home now.

princessgirls
07-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Ver NO beach and all. The trip did take on a new life once back at the Poly.

You have a beautiful family Lisa and you all truly enjoy your time spent as a family. I always say to my kids...when I leave this earth, you may not get much in the way of material things, but you will have the memories of what we did together as a family. My girls are growing so fast, I hope they always want to do a trip with us!!!
Enjoy your summer Lisa! Until your next installment...
Julie:mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-24-2011, 02:52 PM
All"s well that ends well and for the most part it sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Look forward to reading about your upcoming summer travels. :mickey:

yjgirl32
07-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Thank you so much for sharing. I love reading your reports. I learn something new each time.

dtootsie42
07-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Lisa, thanks for such a great report. I always love reading about your adventures. Looking forward to your report from Disneyland.

Dana