PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Your room Window

alliekat
07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Since my family and I will be going to wdw in about a month I asked my kids to start on decorations for our room window.I do it so far in advance because we are usually so busy before the trip. I wanted to know if anyone else decorates thier room's window with maps,pictures,drawings,etc. Our are we the only ones?
Thanks
alliekat:mickey:

Not2Loud
07-19-2011, 12:00 AM
We have never done it, but I always enjoy looking at the windows of those that do!

Tink#64
07-19-2011, 12:43 AM
We've never done that, but it sounds like a really neat idea! :thumbsup: We usually put souvenears in the window, items such as any plush chracters, ears, flags, etc that we buy. I love to decorate our window & make it ours while we're there! :mickey:

brivers222
07-19-2011, 07:16 AM
I have never done that before, but I am seriously considering doing it for our Honeymoon now :thumbsup:

Auntie B
07-19-2011, 10:16 AM
We did decorate our window last year for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hung up some white twinkle lights and a big "25". Made it really easy to find our way back "home" after a long fun day in the parks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 11:10 AM
We put a little Christmas tree in our room on our last trip at Christmastime and mousekeeping put santa towel animals in our window every day:mickey:

DisneyMom12
07-19-2011, 11:15 AM
I decorate the windows and room for birthdays.

TiggerDeb
07-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes, we decorate the windows of our room. I made decorations for our rooms with my grandsons as we will be there with them. It is a fun thing to do and gets us excited about our trip. We also made countdown calendars and each day the grandchildren get to cross off one day closer to the trip. 50 days to go...:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-31-2011, 10:40 PM
We did decorate our window last year for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hung up some white twinkle lights and a big "25". Made it really easy to find our way back "home" after a long fun day in the parks!

I agree about the "easy to find your way home" part. Makes it fun when you spot your room in the distance. We've decorated with window clings, party banners, birthday centerpieces, princesses, castles ... celebrating birthdays, Christmas, and being pirates! Brought a tiny Christmas tree with princess lights to the GF, and it looked right at home. Brought Christmas stockings and a little palm tree with lights and pirate/princess ornaments to the Pirate rooms at the CBR.Just adds our little touch to the Magic! :pirate::party2::stock:

showmethemouse
08-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I we decorate the windows every time we go down
its a lot of fun and nice to look at the diffidence windows. we go in October so most of the windows are decorated for Halloween. my son puts some of the stuff we but or win in our window. have fun:thumbsup::mickey::mickey:

brownie
08-01-2011, 12:53 PM
There were some elaborate Christmas decorations in a couple rooms at Pop Century the week after Thanksgiving. Even the doors were decorated.

I like the idea of making it easier to find your room.

DVC2004
08-01-2011, 03:13 PM
We've done it once, on a Christmas Season trip we strung colored lights in the picture window at POR Riverside. It was cute, I know at that time of year I saw several rooms decorated.

buzznwoodysmom
08-01-2011, 03:14 PM
We've only done this for Halloween once. Last year we stayed at POFQ for Halloween and decorated our window with Halloween lights, Disney Halloween window clings, and a few Disney halloween decorations. It was fun, the kids enjoyed it and it was so cute to come "home" to at night. We've thought about doing the same for birthdays or Thanksgiving or Christmas, but we tend to stay at the deluxe resorts for those occasions and there is no window to decorate. We are staying at WL this year for Christmas and fully intend on decorationg the room, complete with a full sized (5 foot) tree!

Kairi_7378
08-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Where do you get the window clings? This sounds like a fun thing to do (and those wouldn't take up any room in the suitcase!)

buzznwoodysmom
08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Where do you get the window clings? This sounds like a fun thing to do (and those wouldn't take up any room in the suitcase!)

Check Walgreens. They tend to have tons of Disney holiday merchandise. Other stores, like Walmart, Target, and any party stores usually have a good selection of window clings to choose from, but often times they aren't Disney themed. Last year I found so much cute Disney Halloween merchandise at Walgreens. They had a good bit of Disney Christmas stuff too.

whymsycalwitch
08-15-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm so glad I searched the boards before I posted. We are going in Oct & I want to decorate our windows. I was wondering if anyone knows what the inside measurements of the windows are? I found one of those silhouette platic sheets you can hang in your windows & I made a set of mouse ears for it out of cardstock. But those things only look good if they fill in the whole window. Just curious if anyone knows the measurements?

mistybroussard
08-17-2011, 07:15 AM
:wave: LOVE LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing. Going next year (the week before Thanksgiving)!!!

Lovin'ThatMouse
08-26-2011, 10:03 PM
I have decorated our windows at Pop before. I have used window clings from different dollar stores around the area. You can use coloring sheets that the kids have colored and twinkle lights.
I have also tried the Mickey Mouse head paint color swatches from Home Depot. We wrote WE LOVE on the black Mickey head and then wrote all the things we love on the other colors. We had the intention of using magnetic tape to place them on our door but we needed something stronger. They kept blowing off the door. So we moved them to the window!
Also Mousekeeping kept arranging my nieces and nephew's toys that they had gotten in the window to make cute little scenes! I was great!