PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Day 9!

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2011, 09:04 PM
We wake up to these friends every morning at our door
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4400.jpg
After breakfast in the lounge it was off to MK, just right after opening. The walk to the marina is so lovely in the a.m. All is quiet!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4455.jpg
We had no real plans today., KT ran for fastpasses for Splash. We met up at Buzz and rode twice. We rode the people mover, tea cups, and Pooh.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4413.jpg
The girls posed with Peter
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4416.jpg
and he was so cute, asking if they were grown ups. Katie boldly proclaimed that she was in no way a grown up.
I got to see my beloved Trolley performers. Steve made me pose for this, but I was dying to turn around and watch/participate..haha!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4408.jpg
We did the COP, which I love. I love the song, I love the whole thing. I get all caught up in the storytelling, like I've never seen it before!:blush:
We rode pirates and then backtracked to Columbia Harbour House for lunch. A ride on Splash and we were good to go. It was hot and we were ready for Poly time. But first..
KT picked out a Dooney for herself. The blue messenger style bag with the Mickey bars and designs on it. Steve knew I loved it, and they got me one in yellow too. Yeah! And at this point, the original Dooney purchased on this trip was discovered, but no hard feelings!! Khloe picked out some jewelry in uptown jewelers and we were all giddy with our purchases.
Back to the Poly for dance party and games. My favorite thing to do.
We had no plans for tonight, but decided we haven't been to Germany for dinner in awhile. ADR was made, and off to Epcot we go. We had just planned on touring World Showcase, but as we entered, we were gifted with fastpasses for our family from a family that was leaving. For test track and Soarin'! Sweet! So, plans were shifted, we rode both, and now were late for our ADR. We walked over anyway, and they seated us. I really like it here alot. I love German food any day. The kids? Not so much..but they handled it. Ok..off to watch some Illuminations..it had already started. So we watched the end, and then I turned to get my Caramel. One last time. IT WAS CLOSED!! All jokes aside, I think I teared up. I had to pull myself together. So much for a last caramel. This would be our last night in Epcot. Sigh. We enjoyed a slow walk out, and I tried to push my lack of caramel out of my head. Back to the Poly. Wishes in our PJ's.

wildernesslady
07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
What a great day. Oh no, the carmel store is closed. How could they? I would also be holding back the tears.

Two Dooney bags in one trip. That's exciting. I'm trying to decide which one to get on my next trip. I'm leaning towards the 40th anniversary.

brian2000boston
07-18-2011, 10:09 PM
This has been such a great trip.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-18-2011, 10:40 PM
I'll have to make not to buy caramel early and enough to take some home!!!

buzznwoodysmom
07-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Lisa, We love COP too, especially Landon. He watches it just like you, like its his first time everytime. He's done this since he was a baby, 9 months old. For some reason this attraction has always held his attention and he still loves it!

Oh no, how could they close the caramel store so early! You'll be back soon, and I'm sure you'll get your fill of more caramel!

gauvin4
07-19-2011, 09:32 AM
No caramel??? So sorry!

Mackflava99
07-19-2011, 03:23 PM
NO CARMEL !!!

oh i fell in love with their carmel popcorn...

January-2007
07-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

Mackflava99
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
great report as usual.
Your kids are growing soo fast.

Make sure Katie calls Ashley :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 04:46 PM
No caramel...hate when you look forward to something and it just doesn't turn out:(

faline
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Despite the caramel disappointment, this day was practically as good as they ever get! Wonderful from start to finish!

Dsnygirl
07-20-2011, 04:19 AM
What a great day... I've shown my DH your pics of the ducks (from this trip AND last... :D) and he is completely sold now on staying at the Poly. He LOVES ducks -- we have to stop everywhere to feed them -- and he can't believe they even come into your room. :cloud9: Now, though, I guess we have to ask for "your room" specifically.... ;)

What a nice, relaxing time at MK... and the Dooney bags!! What a score!! You've got a great DH... :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear you missed out on your caramels... I'll be sure to have a few for you in August!! :)

Suz36
07-20-2011, 01:14 PM
So sorry you missed out on your last caramel! I fully understand the tears - Disney brings out the kid in us in all ways, doesn't it?:blush:

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-21-2011, 10:36 AM
another great day!! and wooohoo for scoring another D&B bag!!!:mickey:

princessgirls
07-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Lisa,

NO CARAMELS??? That is just wrong!!!!

Other than a Caramel less day, it was ALL GOOD!!!

Thanks for the report!
Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
07-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I too get bummer when I don't get that one last "thing" in each park. So sorry to hear about your caramels.