PDA

View Full Version : Just My Daughter & Me

T-Belle
07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Hello my fellow Disney friends! We just got back and I thought I would give a one report review. My daughter, Joey, and I had a blast! Here's the highlights.

July 9-16

We stayed at Shades of Green and as usual greatly enjoyed it. This is the first time I've stayed there without my car and was totally depended on their transportation. We usually drive but decided to fly this time. I was a little worried about their bus situation as reviews have been hot and cold. But we had no problems. In fact I prefer their service over Disney resorts now. There busses are timed. So when they say they'll pick you up at AK at 10 minutes before the hour-you know when to go to the stop.
Since SOG doesn't have Magical Express we made arrangements with Sunshine State Car Service. I would highly recommend them. Our flight in was 1 1/2 hours late but they we're monitoring our flight and was waiting for us. He also stopped at the Hess station so we could buy a case of water. The round trip from and return trip to MCO for 2 adults was $109. I thought very reasonable. I once took a cab from the Poly and with tip the fare was just under $95 one way so I thought this was a great deal.

New things:
As all of you know, you can never "do it all". So each visit I plan new things to try. This trip we tried 1900 Park Fare. Really enjoyed it. I thought the food was above average for a buffet. And a great place to have one on one time with Cinderella and Prince Charming. Something I thought was very sweet was when Cindy & Prince finished their waltz and when they usually begin dancing with children, Cinderella chose an older gentleman. He must have been in his 70's and danced very well with her. It was really sweet.
Also new- Chefs de France. I must admit I wanted to eat here just to see Remy, which we did and is just too cute for words!! But the food was also very good. We had decided to share meals to save money and because Disney portions are so large. And we wanted to "eat around the World"! We shared the lobster bisque and mac & cheese. Both we're delicious and the bread was to die for!
This was also the 1st time we had been since TSM and the new Star Tours. LOVED TSM!!! Worth the 20 minute wait for fast passes(they we're all gone by 11:00am).
Also new for me...RnR. I did it!!!!!! finally!!!! Of course I kept my eyes closed almost the whole time but I conquered my fear!!

The weather: Hot, hot, hot!!! We had typical Florida rain at some point every day. But it never dampened our fun. Just pulled out the ponchos.
The crowds: Very manageable even tho we were there at the height of the Brazilian tour groups. There were hundreds and hundreds of them. We just always tried to stay in front of them.

Cast members: Wonderful! Each and every one we encountered. Two that stand out the most was the one in the Mainstreet Bakery. I was waiting for Joey to make a selection and I was watching the lady make fresh cotton candy when this very sweet CM asked if I would like a sample. She also gave me a brief lesson in cotton candy making. So above and beyond!!!
The second one was in the aviary at Pangani Forest Exploration Trail. We were enjoying all the beautiful birds when the CM came in and promptly began getting dive bombed by one particular bird. She said that the birds recognize
them and do this all the time. But she just smiled and laughed with us. You could tell that she loved her job and had such respect for these beautiful birds.

Well that's it. We had such a great time-as usual. How could we not with all the "magic wrapped up in pixie dust"!
Thanks for reading!

disneymom15
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip! Love the free samples from the candy shop. We've gotten cotton candy and also warm-gooey rice crispy treats. Very yummy!

faline
07-18-2011, 08:05 PM
What a wonderful trip! Congrats on conquering Rock n Roller Coaster (regardless of whether your eyes were open or closed - I think mine were closed for most of my first ride on this one as well)!

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-19-2011, 06:17 AM
Sounds like a perfect trip just the 2 of you! I can't wait for times when I can do those types of trips with my kiddos! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
07-19-2011, 07:25 AM
A mommy/daughter trip sounds magical on its own, how wonderful for you both! I loved reading your report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the report sounds like a great trip

January-2007
07-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for reporting.

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Suz36
07-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Your trip sounded wonderful - thank you for sharing it with us!

MinnieMommie
07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
I loved your report! It is so nice to try something new each trip. I"m glad you liked 1900 Park Fare and Chefs (I do too). Glad you conquered your RnR fear. What a nice trip for you and your daughter to share together! :mickey:

KylesMom
07-26-2011, 03:39 PM
It looks like our trips overlapped! :D Glad you had such a great time and were able to try a few new things, including two new dining locations and a few new attractions. Congratulations on conquering that fear of RnRC - I know that once I tamed ToT, it quickly became my favorite attraction!

It's funny, because the one thing we noticed is that we never had to pull out our rain ponchos this trip - I guess it's all a matter of location and timing. Glad that it didn't dampen your spirits and you had a great trip with your DD. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

vizsla
07-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
07-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Great time in Disney! Thanks for sharing and your great report!

Julie:mickey:

yourmagicalguide
08-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Great report :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your magical experiences :mickey:

AgentC
08-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the report. We are doing 1900 Park Fare for dinner in October. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Bucs300
08-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Sounds like you had a great trip, and also conquered your fear of one of the rides! :clappy:

Thanks for posting a report on it! :mickey:

dtootsie42
08-20-2011, 01:59 PM
What a fun trip. Bravo for conquering RnR! I still have not done that and not sure if I can, so I'm totally impressed.