PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the bad, and the Magical - 2011 Trip report - Day 8

Mackflava99
07-18-2011, 05:03 PM
-----------------------------------
Day 8 – Epcot

Today was Taylor’s day to run the show. Now I have stated before my family likes to sleep late, so even though they went to bed at a good time, we didn’t leave for Epcot till 9:15 am- much later that I prefer, but since it was her day, I did not complain.
I got up, went to gym, walked the boardwalk and had a quick swim before they were ready to go…

We got to Epcot and the first item on her agenda was “ Dad runs to Soarin for a Fast pass”, I guess this is a common theme- so I ran to Soarin, got the fastpass and met them at Test Track, the line wasn’t too bad, It said 30 min, but we were in a car within 15 minutes… We drove test Track, then went to Spaceship Earth, Ellen’s Adventure, and her next activity was “ ride Mission Space 4 times” she wanted to experience all 4 duties (Commander, Engineer, Navigator, Pilot)… I told her that there was really no difference, but again, it was HER choice… so we did it- ( all green) and by then I could recite the entire opening presentation plus, I could tell exactly when each person had to activate each button..
Then it started to rain, we went to have lunch at Electric Umbrella. This is always a good lunch, alot of options and pretty fast.
After lunch we went to Innoventions, we did the Fire safety game, the home safety game, the piggy bank game, Made our own video game with us as characters, and saw the game show on Velcro ( my kids got to go up on stage). Then we crossed over and went to “Sum of All Thrills” .
Sum of all Thrills is a terrific ride. It’s more than just a simulator because you actually do experience a lot more movement than a normal simulation. First, we went into a room and got a giant iPad looking screen to create our own track. Of course since it was Taylor’s day, I had to let her pick. She picked the maximum amount of spins and flips allowed. There was even a warning posted to let us know that it was denoted as a very severe ride experience. Next, we were given a digital card that contained our “design” and we gave it to a castmember to enter into the simulation. The girls went first and they sat in a 2 seat cockpit, held by a giant crane arm that threw them up in the air, spun them and flipped them to simulate a real coaster. Just watching it was crazy. Then I had to ride by myself, but I must say I LOVED it. It’s a terrific concept and definitely a must-do.
We did this 2 times, the wait was about 15 minutes. Not bad.

I feel Innoventions is a much underestimated part of Epcot. You can find a lot of fun things to do in there. And it’s never crowded.
Then we then went to Club Cool for a nice glass of Beverly ( yuck)….
The rain kept coming, we went to Soarin and Living with the Land next, But next made our way to see Figment and used our umbrellas and ponchos to make our way to Canada. We saw “O’Canada”
Then went over to the UK to walk around the shops. , again it was a total downpour so many people were huddled in the shops. Eventually our ADR for Le Cellier was coming up so we went back to Canada.
Our meal at Le Cellier was terrific. It’s the 4th time we have been there and it’s the 4th terrific meal.
Pretzel breadsticks, cheese soup, excellent steak and a great dessert ….plus some Canadian beer… what a combo. The service was fair, but not awful. BUT , I am not sure it’s worth 2 credits on the meal plan. Actually is anything really worth 2?
After dinner we wanted to walk off our meal so we decided to do the entire loop of countries without stopping, umbrellas in hand we walked around from the Mexico part all the way to France without stopping ( and it was raining..) we stopped and saw the movie at France and then got some crepes before heading out. We don’t mind the rain, but by this time we were soaked…we walked over to the Beach Club, so we exited at the UK, and actually saw Donald Duck hiding under a canopy and got to take a picture without a wait…
We got back to the BC at 10pm and then after the lightning stopped, we eventually went swimming in the “quiet pool” for a while. I still say we did a lot considering the rain.

Observations
1.) Crowds were medium sized ,but I think the rain kept them away again. ..
2.) We did see 2 people with “Snookie hairdos”, both were at Innoventions. We saw them later, but I guess the rain flattened them, because they looked like a mess.
3.) Taylor did a good job planning her day too, she did have some weird requests, and at times she changed on the fly. She actually was a little cranky about not being able to do exactly what she had planned ( sounds like me …) I guess the rain kind of “dampened” her day. (bad pun).
4.) Back at the quiet pool, after we were swimming for about 30 min, a swarm of bugs all dive bombed into the pool, it was gross, and it was like a coating of bugs. We then ran over to the other quiet pool and it had the same thing. They were gone by the next day and didn’t return. Sort of like mayflies in June ?
----------------------

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-18-2011, 05:42 PM
we hope to do innoventions this time around too

faline
07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
The planning by each family member is working out well! Nice Epcot day!

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2011, 09:08 PM
We never do Innoventions, so its neat to hear you describe!

brian2000boston
07-18-2011, 09:27 PM
love le cellier!!! another nice day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Sounds like a good Epcot day:mickey:

yjgirl32
07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
This past June was our first try at the roller coaster simulator- loved it. DS8 is a ride junkie- little too short to do flips- hoping he grows a little for our Sept trip. Great day.

January-2007
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

Joannelet
07-20-2011, 11:26 AM
I love innoventions!! :)
The snookie hairdo comment was hilarious once again!
Your daughter did a great job even though all that rain dampened her day :(
Thanks for the report!

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
07-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Bryan,

In spite of the rain, I think you guys had a terrific day!!!

My girls love Innovations. Always seem to spend a lot of time in there.

LeCellier sounded amazing.

Thanks for reporting!
Julie:mickey:

tsantillo
08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't see day nine. :confused: Don't leave us hangin'!