PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental

Dedivah
07-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Is there a place to rent a car/van on Disney Property?

We are using ME when we arrive but when we leave we are going to Port Canaveral for a 7day cruise with Carnival.

Our original plan was to hire Quick Silver to drive us (7) there but now we are thinking that it may be cheaper for us to rent a van for the day and turn it in in Port Canaveral.

Any ideas?

Disney4
07-18-2011, 04:20 PM
There is the WDW care care center or the Dolphin rental counter (my preference). Both service National/Alamo.

You can walk to the Dolphin from Epcot or DS and pick up your car. Also, you can leave the car at the Dolphin until you are ready for it at the end of the day. Valet can get it for you any time.

Tink#64
07-19-2011, 12:15 AM
About 5 years ago, after our week at WDW, we rented from Alamo, there at the Car Care Center on WDW property to drive to Cocoa Beach. We had a very good experience! I made all of the arrangements before our trip & a shuttle came to Pop to pick us up, along with all of our luggage, we got our rental van very quickly & away we went! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Two thumbs up for excellent service! :mickey:

Dedivah
07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks!!

I'm going to look into Alamo at the Car Care Center. That sounds like the option for us.

Dedivah
07-19-2011, 11:03 AM
I just called the WDW Car Care Center and the closest drop off in Cape Canaveral is the Melbourne Airport so it looks like we will be hiring a car.

Thanks again!

ThanxForNoticin
07-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Something else you might check. I know Avis rents from the Hilton Hotel, Downtown Disney. I think Avis has a location near Cape/Port Canaveral. You might be able to find a rental possibility with them instead.

Enjoy your trip, especially the cruise!

Tink#64
07-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Bummer - sorry! Have you thought about checking into other rental places off WDW property & whether or not they'd deliver to you at WDW if they have a return location closer to where you'll be staying before your cruise? Maybe contact the hotel where you'll be staying there & ask them for suggestions, I'm sure you're not the first in this dilemma, maybe they'll have some great advice!

Best of luck & wishes for a magical trip! :mickey: