PDA

View Full Version : The Good , the Bad and the Magical Trip report - Day 5

Mackflava99
07-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Day 5 – Pool Day
Today was an off day, we always factor in some downtime in between parks and this was a welcome rest.
I went to the gym and then decided to just take the monorail around for the loop. At 7:30 am it’s pretty calm as far as crowds go. I wish the monorail went to more locations, it is very convienient and i now realize why eveyone wants to stay at a monorail resort...

After the family got up, we went to our scheduled excursion, which was a fishing trip. We took a boat out with a guide from the marina and had a wonderful morning. We caught about 29 bass, ( catch and release) and the guide (Rick) was great with my kids. This is the 3rd time we have done this and each time it’s a different experience. Bay Lake is a lot bigger than it looks, we went to some pretty isolated spots back past Ft wilderness.

Next we went in the Bay Lake Tower pool and took a swim. (no poop in the pool today !!)
The girls went to another of the activities in the Community Center – they made Bobble heads- very cool stuff !!
Also, they played in a Wii tournament, and Mackenzie actually won. (I guess all those hours spent playing at home are worth something? We also played some bocce and shuffleboard, and had fun playing both. (my kids are competitive like me.)
We had lunch at the Contempo Café, they have some very good flatbread pizza there.

We had a late reservation at Ohana’s and went early to meet up with some friends that were staying there. We ended up going in the Poly pool for a while with them. I always love that pool, it’s very well themed. The volcano slide and the waterfall are great. I also took some cool pictures with my underwater camera that I was given on Father’s day.
Dinner at Ohana’s was terrific. We enjoy it every year, the food is very good and plentiful, and I ate my money’s worth. The service was very good, we had a waiter named Alfonso ( not your normal Polynesian name) who was very attentive and kept the meat coming !!
We were able to see wishes from the Poly beach, which was a different perspective, after that we went over to the Contemporary arcade and played for about an hour. Then off to sleep.
Alot of activity today, and we were bushed. These down days are sometimes just as fun (if not more fun) then the parks.

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
A good down day! As far as I'm concerned, any day with Ohana's in it is perfect.:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Ohana dinner is the cherry on top!

I'm always so amazed at what everyone does outside of the parks. If we only had more than 5 day trips at a time.....

AgentC
07-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow, 29 bass is fantastic. My husband has always wanted to try a fishing trip. Sounds like it is something I should try to book.

Thanks for the report.

faline
07-18-2011, 07:20 PM
What a full and very busy day and you didn't even set foot in a park!

What kind of underwater camera do you have?

brian2000boston
07-18-2011, 07:57 PM
what a great day, off days are a lot of fun!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the report, I can't wait to try Ohana

yjgirl32
07-19-2011, 12:06 PM
I love and have started to appreciate my down days more. Love Ohana's. Thanks again for sharing.

January-2007
07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Joannelet
07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Off days are very much needed and loved what you did with yours! :)
Great report!

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
07-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Great Day Bryan!!!

A Disney Down day can be good!

O'Hana's is a nice ending too!

Julie:mickey: