PDA

View Full Version : Week before Christmas Pre-Trip Report

cspenc28
07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
So this is my first Pre-Trip report, so please be kind :blush:

It may be early, but I can't help but type up our report. I'm already counting down the days!

Date: 12/18-12/22
Resort: Pop Century

So my husband and I are going alone, this could possibly be our last trip to WDW by ourselves; we hope to start a family next year!!!

This is my husband's first time staying on property, and my 3rd - usually my family has always stayed off-site especially since my parents bought a timeshare about 10 years ago.

We are driving down from Baltimore, renting a car and leaving after work on the 16th. We will hopefully spend the night at my grandparents' camper in Fredericksburg on the night of the 16th. We’ll leave early on the 17th and drive till we can't drive any further, hopefully as far south as the FL line. Then leave early on the morning of the 18th and get into WDW sometime that late morning.

We will have our own car, so first things first, check in and since I'm sure our room won't be ready, head over to DTD! We have a reservation that evening for dinner at Artist Point before MVMCP (the last night of the party, so I'm expecting it to be pretty crowded).

The next day is EMH for AK, and we have a lunch reservation at Yak & Yeti and dinner reservations for Ohana.

Tuesday is my Birthday! So we are having lunch at Via Napoli and dinner at Narcossee's.

Wednesday we are planning on going to the Candlelight Processional, and once dinner packages open up I'll be calling for that, but for now we have reservations for Sci-Fi Diner for lunch and Tokyo Dining for dinner.

Thursday is our last day :( and we have to leave around lunch time to make it to my husband's grandmother's house for the usual Christmas gathering. We are having breakfast at Whispering Canyon and probably grab lunch from Earl of Sandwich for our long drive to NC.

We think we may book a tour, maybe the Wild Africa Trek. I know that time of year, WDW will be much more crowded than even I'm used to, and I'm usually a July visitor. So we are taking our time, enjoying restaurants that we have been to, and enjoying all WDW has to offer during Christmas.

Ok, so now I just have to suffer through 5 more months and I'll be in my favorite place. At least we do have our 1st anniversary trip to Williamsburg to break-up the wait.

faline
07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
What a wonderful time of year to visit Disney World! You've got some yummy places to eat on your list!

brian2000boston
07-18-2011, 07:52 PM
sounds like a good plan, have fun!

the real Alice
07-18-2011, 07:59 PM
We are going the exact same time - arriving 1 day earlier and also staying at Pop. This is our first trip with our little boy - age 2. It will be a big change from our adult trips and running for roller coasters :)

As far as crowds, I'm not expecting it to be that bad. If you haven't used [link removed] check it out. they say for that time period the crowds won't be above a level 6 (out of 10). It gets crazy on the 22nd - the day we leave. Hope you have a great trip!

cspenc28
07-19-2011, 07:10 AM
I'm hoping the crowds won't be bad, but every person I talk to about our trip, gives me a weird face and says do you know how crowded it's going to be?? As long as I get to ride Star Tours and see Christmas decorations, I'll be happy.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 09:34 AM
We will be there during the same time and are also having dinner at OHana on the 19th...maybe we'll see you there

January-2007
07-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Happy planning!

emerzmom
07-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Sounds fun! Birthdays at WDW are the best!!!!
:mickey:
Julie

MinnieMommie
07-24-2011, 04:09 PM
We will be at WDW the 18th through 23rd! This is a most beautiful time to visit. It will be a special memory for you and DH. NIce ADRs! Enjoy your time together!! :mickey: