PDA

View Full Version : Brita bottles and Park Water

lettripp
07-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Hello fellow Intercottees! :mickey:

In preparation for our upcoming trip, my fiancé and I have considered trying something new. Rather than spending way-too-much-money a day on water bottles, and drinking the potent fountain water, we are going to try using the Brita water bottles in the parks. Our hope is that this will save money...

My question is:

Has anyone ever tried using these in the parks? If so, do they improve the taste of the park-water? If we were to get the free ice water and put it in the filtered bottles, will they still work?

Thanks for the help! :D

We LOVE Disney
07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
We have used them for several years and have loved them! I actually was wondering if the water would really taste that different so I tested it. Tried the water, unfiltered, then put some in the Brita bottle, filtered and I could definitely tell a difference!

I had a hard time finding new filters every year and had to search online for some but I eventually found some.

I saw some similar filtered bottles at Target called "bobble water bottles" too in case I get desperate for something new!

brivers222
07-17-2011, 09:51 PM
back in 04 we used the brita Fill and go bottles... they worked out perfectly!

They went off the market for a long time (well i just saw them again at our local Meijer this past winter) so I am considering buying them again and giving it a shot.

Jeffybob
07-17-2011, 10:47 PM
We use Brita bottles and cut out buying bottled water completely. The water tastes fresh and clean and we carry them to work and back daily as well as in our travels.

Give it a try. I think you might like it.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1998 - BWV, Swan

lindique
07-18-2011, 06:14 PM
The Brita bottles work wonderfully - I've been using them since they came out the first time. They are now selling them again - I believe Target sells both the bottles and the replacement filters.

Yes, you can put any kind of water and ice cubes in the bottles. The filters are in the top of the bottle - you actually **** the water through the filter.

DisneyorBust
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
YES! To both questions.
We have used them for years and have had great tasting water.
We start with a new filter and toss it when we return home.
I think that you will be happy with your decision.

micky95
07-22-2011, 07:03 AM
my dw & i got the one from target this year & it works great.filled it with water from the fountains in the parks & it tasted fine.went to the land food court & filled it with ice & water, still good.the bottle is more of a squeeze type bottle.the only problem i had was the top was a little hard to open but my hand strength isnt what it us to be .maybe it will get easier as its used more often.follow the directions & fill it twice and expell the water thru the filter.the charcoal gets very fine and the first time i cleared it ,it was black.wouldnt want a mouthful of that .LOL:mickey:

debandbub
07-24-2011, 08:37 AM
We drink a TON of water and hated spending so much on bottled. (Plus, we're hippies who don't like the waste of bottled water too much anyways!) We looked on the internet for filtered water bottles and ended up getting a Bobble for my fiancee (this is when they first came out, now they're in stores), and I got one that filters through an attached straw since I don't like the sports-type bottle top, and I can drink more through the straw. They both work FANTASTIC!!! Definitely filters out all the bad taste so you are only drinking pure clean water. Worth the few bucks to get them.

DisneyorBust
07-24-2011, 06:44 PM
........Are being sold in our local grocery stores now. The same ones being advertised on tv.
Just an FYI