PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Day 6!

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2011, 08:10 PM
We reunite with some friends who work in the lounge over breakfast. This is always such a warm feeling. They have known my kids since they were beans. We didn't socialize too long though because we wanted to be at Epcot for opening. We were successful! Katie tore through the Brazilian tour groups to obtain our fastpasses for Soarin'. The Brazilian tour groups were a running theme during this trip. There were thousands of Brazilian tourists. This took some savvy park touring to handle the swarms as we encountered them. I was actually worried about this on our arrival night. There was a HUGE group chanting on the beach before Wishes. Luckily, that was the last we saw of them at the Poly. That could've been troublesome. Yes, WDW is for everyone, but no one wants chanting outside their sliders at 10pm!! Anyways..we met up at Test track with Katie and rode within minutes. I love this ride. The outside part is my very favorite. I never want it to end. Next was some shopping at Mousegears. Don't even ask. :blush: Then onto Soarin'!!! Our other favorite ride!! The girls are about to Soar!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4079.jpg
We strolled around Future World just enjoying the music and being back. I would hug this fountain if I could. The dancing water is my favorite part of Epcot.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4076.jpg
By this time we were hungrey. We had no plans, given we hadn't expected to be in WDW on this day. Steve suggested Via Napoli. I had this ADR for dinner another night, but so what? We can fly by the seat of our pants. We walked up and were seated within minutes. This place is great. We had the meter pizza 1/2 four cheese, 1/2 Margerhita. We also got the family salad for five. If anyone is thinking of getting this, Just know you can under order. This was waaaay too much salad for five people, I hated wasting it. Steve embarrassed the girls with asking for a pic with our waiter who they ogled the whole time.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4103.jpg
This was a great impromptu lunch. Felt really healthy too. Ok..then onto my favorite place in WDW's World showcase. Karmell Kuche!!! I cannot say enough about this place. If this installment seems food focused its because it is..haha! Here's my three favorite treats from world showcase.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4113.jpg
First those caramels. I had them three times during this trip. And I attempted a fourth, but more about that later. I love them. And I don't ever eat caramel in "real life". So those two treats you see are a favorite in that shop. Plus, we were piggies and shared popcorn too. Now..my next favorite treat that I shared along with the caramels...
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4115.jpg
The iced coffees from Japan. We all love them and got a bunch to have then, and then some for the room. Ok..food dialog over for now!!
We ran into the Ziti sisters and Khloe was called into the show, much to her chagrin.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4111.jpg
Then we ran into Geir! The creator of the scents in Norway! This was exciting as I wear the perfume every day and Steve wears the man stuff. We got to talk and that was fun. Here's Steve and Geir!
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4120.jpg
We had a ton of fun in Norway this day. We engaged with three different staff members who attempted to teach us how to speak with a Norweigan accent. Namely, how to pronounce Geir. The one CM broke this four letter word down into 4 sylables!! We were cracking up. This was alot of fun. We really enjoyed World Showcase today. We were heading out and all was well, and Kai asked to go on Spaceship Earth. Ok..we decided..no line..so off we go. Well, we get out and its about to blow. The sky is black, the wind is whipping, and holy moly, what do we do? We are close to the exit and the sky opens up. Unlike ANYTHING I have ever experienced before. There has to be another word for it besides rain.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4133.jpg
Kai loved it. He danced, and jumped and then the photopass guy took tons of great pics of my kids loving this rain.
It was unrelenting, so we decided to take off our shoes and make a break for it. Without going into much detail, this was the end of both Steves iphone and blackberry. They drowned. No chance of resusitation. This put a serious damper on things for Steve. He needs to be in communication with work while away. We ended up getting a cheapy phone at the Hess station to hold him over..but..still..
We needed to put all our things in the dryer when we finally got back to our room.
However the excitement continued on our way there. I guess snakes like this heavy rain and they were out on the path from the TTC to the Poly. And you couldn't always see them because the water was so deep. Kai stepped on one. I was practically crying making my way back. It was like a bad dream with the snakes and the water and the walk. Ugh..I'm shivering now just thinking about it.
We spent the afternoon in the lounge until our Ohana time. Then the sun comes out! We were so happy to be at Ohanas. We asked for extra peanut sauce off the bat. Lapoa recognized us and came over for hugs.
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4199.jpg
We ate ourselves silly, and even had two servings of dessert. Always sad when Ohanas is over.
We decided to drive over to DHS before park close to try to get on the new Star tours ride. It was a walk on, and we did it twice. We didn't plan on a second ride, but the first one wasn't so hot. There was a group of obviously drunk 30 somethings being super disruptive on the ride. Both rides were different scenes, so that was fun. We attempted TSM as well, but the waits were way too long. We wrapped up our night, and drove back to the Poly for Wishes in our PJ's.

buzznwoodysmom
07-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Oh yes, that is the lady at Ohana's that always recognizes our boys. Hahaha.

Your day sounded really fun, and oh those treats all looked yummy!

I could sit and watch that fountain at Epcot for hours if my family let me. Its my favorite part of FW at Epcot.

Glad to see you guys are feeling more in your element back in WDW.

brian2000boston
07-17-2011, 11:25 PM
what a great day, even with the snakes.

Dsnygirl
07-18-2011, 04:15 AM
What a great day... I think what I like best about your reports are your overflowing love for the Poly (your latest few trips have me wanting to stay there, and that's a first... :)) and your spontanaeity. It's fun to read and experience someone else going w/ the flow -- probably b/c it's not something we're too good yet! :blush:

Sounds like you had a great day at Epcot, even w/ the rain (love the picture of Kai... :thumbsup:) and the snakes.... ick!! That'd be a little shocking. But... getting to relax afterwards and watch Wishes in your jammies... :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

wildernesslady
07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Wow, another great day. I would have been a mess if I encountered the snakes. I am not a fan at all!!!!

Your carmel choices are my favorites also. They are delish.

I can't wait to read more.

emerzmom
07-18-2011, 11:08 AM
Your trip reports are great! Thank you so much for sharing.
:mickey:
Julie

MizMissy
07-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Yummy lunch, dinner and caramels!

I love a summer rain storm, but sorry about your DH's phones (my DH has both an iphone and blackberry also ... people can't understand how much he's on the phone ALL THE TIME - I guess maybe you might understand ... although no way my DH would have gone with some short term solution, he would have purchased at least one new smart phone).

And SNAKES!!! Eeeek! I'm not sure I would have recovered so quickly. Guess that's another reason to drive to the parks.

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Snakes - you were in the middle of the Indiana Jones spectacular and didn't know it!

I can't wait to get my mouth around those caramels!!!

Ohana's is our fav all round restaruant.

I'm just dripping with envy ova here!

SBETigg
07-18-2011, 02:24 PM
The caramels look outstanding! Yum. And are those blushes or sunburns on the girls posing with the waiter? Too cute.

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2011, 03:26 PM
The caramels look outstanding! Yum. And are those blushes or sunburns on the girls posing with the waiter? Too cute.

In this particular picture it is blushing. Steve totally took them off guard asking for the pic and KT, mostly, was dying both inside and out.!

faline
07-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Goodness, I never thought about snakes in the rain like that! I'll surely be on the lookout the next heavy rain we run into at Disney!

Fun day even with the avoid the snakes tramp to the room!

gauvin4
07-19-2011, 09:15 AM
What a fantastic day (except for the snakes)! I can't wait to try Via Napoli.

January-2007
07-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Snakes, for real:eek::scared::bolt:

Ummm...on the other hand, you made me really want to try the caramels out, yummy

Suz36
07-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Your comment about chanting outside the sliders at 10PM sure brought back some memories from ASMu this past February.

You're making me hungry!

I also wear Laila on a daily basis - that would be so cool, to meet Geir!

Loved the picture of Kai!

And finally, thanks for the warning about the snakes - we'll certainly be on the lookout! We once saw one sitting on top of the bushes when we were walking from the Boardwalk to the International Gateway. Quite a sight!

yjgirl32
07-21-2011, 09:00 AM
I love the rain picture!!!! My son too loves spaceship earth and begs to go on all the time.

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-21-2011, 10:08 AM
what a great day at Epcot..and i never knew about those iced coffees in Japan..im gonna have to try to remember to check that out when we go in May..:mickey:

princessgirls
07-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Great Epcot Day!!! Great day all together, with the exception of the heavy rains that ruined the Iphone and Blackberry. That was an expensive storm.

Lisa...I LOVE your reports, and your traveling style! You guys Rock!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
07-23-2011, 05:14 PM
What a great day ! Minus the snakes of course....:D

KylesMom
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
What a fun family day at Epcot - minus Steve's ruined equipment and the snakes, of course. You ate at not one but TWO of the best meals of our trip on this day, Lisa. Yum Yum! We didn't make it ANYWHERE after our Ohana dinner, we were so full! At least your family was able to motivate on over to DHS. It's a shame that your first experience on Star Tours was ruined, but I'm happy to hear you got a repeat without having to wait too long. Isn't it a great attraction?

Another fun report - thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Mackflava99
09-26-2011, 11:45 AM
The lady playing the violin looks like you !!