PDA

View Full Version : The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Day 3!

mouseketeer mom
07-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Happy Fourth of July!
We begin our day with breakfast on our patio. We attempt to sign up for activities for the day. Watermelon eating contest. Nope. Full. Nature t shirt making. Nope. Full. And it went on and on. Hence the nickname Ver-No. We expected 4th of July at Vero to feel like it did at Disney's Hilton Head resort. There it was lively patriotic activities!!! Bike decorating, parades around the resort, music..you name it. Not here. We headed to the beach. Snagged the last two chairs available for rent. Look how cute the fence is along Vero's paths..
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3943.jpg
We spent some time at the beach, then headed to the pool area for lunch. We signed up for a $25 per person BBQ, all you can eat for the day. Again, we had Hilton Head on our minds. The BBQ there for the fourth was an abundance of fresh BBQ, burgers, dogs, ribs, corn. Music, CM's in costume. Not here. This was pre made food that didn't seem like any BBQ at all. Chicken breast patties, sloppy joes, salads, that was it. And the desserts were literally melting in the sun. You couldn't even pick them up, they would just fall apart, not even on ice or anything. This was lame. Steve was very unhappy with the money we just spent on this. Nobody even wanted seconds. Yuck. We spent tme in the pool,
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_3978.jpg
And played some golf
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/100_4019.jpg
But ...we all were still feeling tense or something.
After a day at the resorts pool and beach we showed up for the pirate dinner at Shutters. This is after I called and they said we could just come down, reservations not needed since we are resort guests. Nope. They said there is no way they could fit us in. So another no from Ver-No. Another family overheard and recommended a place in town called Mulligans for us. We headed there and actually had a great dinner, but we still weren't feeling the Vero experience. We decided we would give it another day, but see if we could go to Poly two days sooner then planned. We headed back to the room before fireworks, and called WDW reservations. YEP! Poly can take us two days sooner at our AP rate. I told Vero we'd be checking out sooner then planned. A refund would be issued!!! So off to fireworks we went, knowing our new change of plans was in place!!! We all rested well that night.

buzznwoodysmom
07-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Oh wow, you guys just aren't getting anything easily. No wonder you can't settle in and relax. Sometimes things just don't flow or work out the way you imagined. At least you guys are close enough to WDW to switch over sooner! Hope you enjoy your last day there!

wildernesslady
07-17-2011, 01:23 PM
What a disappointing day. I'm glad you were able to switch to the Poly earlier. There is always plenty to do there.

faline
07-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Doesn't sound like Vero is working out for you!

brian2000boston
07-17-2011, 11:05 PM
i have wanted to try Vero but now i am losing interest because of your experience, sad when things are not what is expected. glad you were able to get into poly early!

Dsnygirl
07-18-2011, 02:25 AM
I'm so sorry your next day wasn't much better... amazing that they couldn't accomodate you guys for anything!! Did you say anything to the desk staff about it when you told them you'd be leaving early?? Granted, I'm sure they're busy and quite full on holidays, but you'd think they would plan & be prepared for this, and have extra room available for all their guests to be a part of the activities. You'd almost think you would have had to have called ahead from home to have gotten into anything, and that's totally unacceptable, esp. for a Disney resort. :(

Glad to hear the Poly could help you out, though, and that you had some good news to end your day!

Jennifer_and_Chris
07-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Ver-No indeed! Glad to see you're going back to the magic!!! Poly here you come!

SBETigg
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I love that you were able to change plans. So sorry this Vero stay wasn't working out for you.

gauvin4
07-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Sorry Vero isn't working out for you. :( How frustrating. I don't blame you for calling Poly to check in early!! I hope the MAGIC returns for you soon.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Well, at least not all is lost

January-2007
07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Mackflava99
07-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I am sad to hear you did not get the experience you were used to-

Please remember to fill out your survey card, they need to accomodate their guests better.

Suz36
07-19-2011, 10:06 PM
I knew you'd be heading to the Poly early! So sorry Vero didn't work out - your 4th of July almost sounded un-American! More magical days are ahead!

yjgirl32
07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't blame you for leaving early and going somewhere you Know you will have fun.

DizNee143
07-21-2011, 09:49 AM
ugh..i was hoping your stay here would of gotten better..i cant believe this place is part of disney..it surely does not sound like it is what so ever! but yay at least you guys are able to get back to disney sooner!:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
07-21-2011, 02:42 PM
After reading about your experience at Vero, I'm glad that I never looked at staying there.
You seemed to have received no Disney Magic at all, I feel bad for you and yours.
I was glad to read that you were able to make your escape and get to the Poly a couple of days earlier than anticipated.
I hope that the Magic returns now that your heading back 'home' to the Poly.

princessgirls
07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh my Lisa....not the vacation you had anticipated.

Things are looking up...POLY POLY POLY!!

Julie:mickey:

dtootsie42
07-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that Vero was such a disappointment. Glad to hear that things are looking up :mickey:

KylesMom
07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
What an absolute BUMMER of a 4th of July. I can imagine your relief when you confirmed that the Poly was able to take you a few days early. What a disappointing holiday for your family at Vero Beach - I can't understand how it could be SO different than Hilton Head, but it's time to make an escape. Jail break, Lisa, jail break! :D Looking forward to your return to Disney World where I know you'll be happy. :mickey: