PDA

View Full Version : So excited about The Contemporary!

jazzy
07-17-2011, 10:44 AM
This is the first deluxe resort i have decided to stay on my next trip and i would love so feed back as what to expect, look, ask for, request. I would love advice on optimal viewing for Wishes, how does it compare to moderate resorts, whats to food like? Please let know what to look foward to?

ransam
07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
awesome. congratulations. I have never stayed there but it is my dream. no way i could afford it...any rich donors out there? haha J/K...

Have a great trip.

Cara121078
07-17-2011, 03:47 PM
That's great! I have never stayed there, but I'm sure it will be wonderful. Enjoy!!!

CanadianWDWFan
07-17-2011, 04:53 PM
We stayed there for the first time last May. We LOVED it! You guys will have a great time there. Just being able to walk to MK is simply incredible.

We were able to watch Wishes from the stair well, right beside our room, as well as the viewing area down off the mail lobby where they pipe the music in.

jazzy
07-17-2011, 05:20 PM
We stayed there for the first time last May. We LOVED it! You guys will have a great time there. Just being able to walk to MK is simply incredible.

We were able to watch Wishes from the stair well, right beside our room, as well as the viewing area down off the mail lobby where they pipe the music in.

wow i cant believe there's actually a place in the hotel to see wishes and hear the music,:fworks: i cant wait WOOOHOOO!:cloud9::joy::yay::jaw:

CanadianWDWFan
07-17-2011, 09:10 PM
wow i cant believe there's actually a place in the hotel to see wishes and hear the music,:fworks: i cant wait WOOOHOOO!:cloud9::joy::yay::jaw:
Oh and I forgot about the Electric Light Pagent, which takes place on the water to the east of the hotel.

Goofy4TheWorld
07-17-2011, 10:29 PM

If you are staying on the MK side of the Tower Rooms then all you have to do is turn your TV to channel 20 to hear the Wishes music during the show, then step out your balcony door to watch it all up close and personal (you can even do it in your underwear!)

If you are staying MK View there is simply no bad view to be found. The lowest floor you could be on is 5th and even that will have a great view of MK. It doesn't matter which end of the building your on (BLT side versus Chef Mickey's side) the views are essentially identical (and fabulous).

Are you staying MK View, Bay Lake View, or Garden Wing?

lovinmesomedisney
07-18-2011, 10:00 AM
We stayed in the Garden View before and it was nice. As far as food goes though, I prefer the resorts with the food courts. They had a very small snack shop, but other than that, you would have to use one of the restaurants located there. As far as walking to the MK, it actually was a lot further than it appeared and with kids, we learned our lesson quick and decided to use the Monorail. It is a nice resort, but IMHO, not worth the extra cost.