PDA

View Full Version : how is sept vs other months for crowds?

dyin tago
07-17-2011, 09:59 AM
dw and I have been to the world 5 times all in september and wonder how crowds and lines would be at the slowest weeks in november thru march compared to september.

we are booked for the first 10 days of september but still think about a cooler month but not if lines will be a lot longer.

we have read many times that september is the quietest month but wonder by how much.

E-OR
07-17-2011, 11:54 AM
We have been to WDW during December (as well as April, May, June, August, and October). We went down the first of December before the Christmas crowds started. I believe that it me have been less crowded then September, but you do need to make sure you go the first of December because the closer you get to Christmas the more crowded it gets. We were fortunate that we had great weather. We were even able to go to Typhoon Lagoon one day as it was in the low 80's. My husband and son went down this past Decembeer and it was very cold. We really enjoyed all the holiday decorations too. Remember that spring crowds ebb and flow with Easter and spring breaks. Another option is late October with low crowds and nice weather (still warm enough to swim though).

ransam
07-17-2011, 01:16 PM
haven't been in september for about 3 years... but going this year and very excited.

faline
07-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Typically, early September is a very quiet time to go (crowd wise). It is still very hot and humid at this time of year and it is part of hurricane season. The chance that a hurricane will intrude on your trip is quite low but it is a possibility you should keep in mind.

BigRedDad
07-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I am expecting insane crowds in Sept when I go. The reason is all Value and Moderate resorts are 100% booked. This is an extremely large number of people to be there. I am expecting Summer size or Christmas size crowds. Anything less will be a bonus.