PDA

View Full Version : BBB for boys and girls

PracticallyPerfectMollie
07-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Has anybody done the knight package for their little boy? We are doing the princess/diva thing for the girls and thought the boys may enjoy the knight package. any thoughts?

also, any advice about which location is best or what time of day would work best? We have never done it before so any thoughts or personal stories would be helpful, including about how long it might take.

we are traveling with 4 kids-two girls age 4 and 8 and two boys age 3 and 4.

Disneymom201
07-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Our DS's, 6 & 9 at the time, did the "Cool Dude" at the BBB at MK (at the time I do not think there was a Knight Package). Since I do not have a princess of my own, I really wanted to experience the BBB inside Cindy's Castle. They were the only boys participating at the time. I think my oldest was a little more embarressed, but they both ended up having a good time! The staff members were quite jovial, knowing that my oldest was a bit more embarrassed than his younger brother. They both received a TON of compliments throughout the park the entire day! The only trouble I experienced was the amount of glitter and gel that was used, it was a bit difficult to deal with when trying to wash their hair and not make a complete mess.
The last 2 years the boys did "A Pirates League" and absolutely loved it!!!! The staff really "play their part." My husband and I laughed with them the entire time. It is a very interactive experience, with some unexpected surprises! :pirate:
Good luck with your experience!

33 days til Contemporary/Beach Club :number1:
2010 Surprise for the Pirates to AKL
2009 WL
2008 GF
2005 - 2007 Off Property

PracticallyPerfectMollie
07-17-2011, 08:48 AM
I thought about doing the pirates league for the boys but was concerned the 3 year old may be a little freaked out with the facial make up.

how do you think your boys would have done with the pirates league at age 3 or 4? would it have all made sense?

who knows, we may do both!

Disneymom201
07-17-2011, 10:39 AM
It probably depends on how patient your 3 year old is. When the boys did the "Multi-Eyed Captain Jack" package they needed to keep their eyes closed for awhile so the tattoos would dry (on their eye-lids), so I would not recommend that one. I think if you google seach, or perhaps check [site reference removed], you can see what options are available at A Pirates League; there were several to choose from.
The inside decor is awesome!!!!! The staff were very accommdating and I am sure that they will make your 3 year old feel more than comfortable. I would also think that they have "recruited" a ton of 3 year olds to join Captain Jack's crew. :pirate:
It's a very fun experience!!!!! I personally would chose this over the BBB.

33 days, but whos counting?!?! :mickey:

ransam
07-17-2011, 01:18 PM
one suggestion. bring tennis shoes. we took our friend's daughter and she wore heels, and her feeet were killing her by the end of the day.