PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania am planning.......

r4kids
07-16-2011, 07:45 PM
We are gearing up to leave in a few days for Disney. I have heard horror stories from those that have recently returned. I need a plan of action for arriving at the park by 8:15ish, being on the correct side of the rope drop and then the path they lead you down to get to it. I literally hate doing this but we are bringing kids who have never been and i want to make sure we can do everything they want to do. Please tell me the best course of action :mickey: !!

HoosierDisneyFan
07-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Be at DHS at rope drop.

I would suggest having 1 adult go and get fast passes and let a second adult take the kids to another attraction. This way you do not have to worry about your kids being in the "rush".

After getting the fast passes, meet up at the second attraction.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-16-2011, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't panic about it.

Get to the park just as it opens, let the mad-dash rush go, and then follow them to TSM and get your fast passes. It will be crazy busy, but we've never had trouble getting a FP when we're there close to opening.

You can also hop in line first thing, after grabbing the FP's and get two rides! The queue (as you know) is great and the line moves fairly quickly.

DisneyFr33k
07-17-2011, 07:39 AM
What we've done the past several trips, is get there well before opening, be one of the first in line before they let us in. Then, at the rope drop be towards the right. The cast members will form a line and walk the crowd to TSM, preventing running and maintaining order. But they do walk very fast - stay to the right. Once there, I had my families cards and got fast passes. My family waited for me and once I had the FP's, we immediately got in line. Each time we did this, we only waited about 10-15 minutes and one time we even rode the ride and the wait time was reasonable to do it again! If you don't do this, by lunch all the fast passes are gone for the day and the wait time is well over an hour.

Good luck!

MarkC
07-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Agree with Hoosier and the other posters. It will be crowded, but take advantage of morning EMH and get to the other parks early as well. You will be able to do everything you want to do in a park by noon and then take a swimming break. Then go to a different park in the evening.

Another tip is to go to the park that day that had evening EMH the night before, as most people won't go right back there the following morning. You'll be fine.

Cara121078
07-17-2011, 10:43 AM
I am not the OP, but thank you all for the info. I was wondering the same thing!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Is there still a mad rush for this ride? Hasn't it been open for a couple of years? I know the CA version doesn't do fastpass. But its a bit of a walk to get to it.

disneymom15
07-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Agree with Heather & Disneyfr33k. Grab FP's & get in standby line. You should be able to get at least 2 games in before the lines get to long. We've found that usually the wait times are way exeragerated early in the morning.

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Is there still a mad rush for this ride? Hasn't it been open for a couple of years? I know the CA version doesn't do fastpass. But its a bit of a walk to get to it.

It is still crazy popular! It is a fun ride, that everyone can do, so there is still a rush in the AM, and lines are fairly long all day. Even when we were there in January, in a pretty empty park lines were around 60 minutes, except for first thing in the morning.

Tink#64
07-18-2011, 02:02 AM
We were just there 6/25 - 7/3 & it was just about as crazy as last June. Last year we were actually admitted into the park about 15 - 20 prior to park opening (not EMH's) & CM's walked everyone to TSM, there were no other options, but that's where everyone was headed any way! ha ha) It was all very calm & orderly, the line was all the way back to BLT, but moved into the line que very quickly! So fast, no way DH or myself could've have fought the long line at the FP machines to secure fp's & get back with our group! So we just did sb line, rode & then got fp's for our 2nd ride! This year a little different, allowed entrance a little early, but CM's stopped everyone at Hollywood & Sunset Blvd's for a little show production & then officially "opened" the park with movie production sequence. It was cute & I like when WDW chnges things up a bit to keep it fun & new! :thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
07-18-2011, 05:42 AM

Everyone goes here first, and is still as crowded as when it first opened. When we were last there, we spent an hour there riding standby after getting fast passes. We then went to ToT and RnRC, and their wait times were still very low as everyone was at TSM. RnRC does get crowded later in the morning as the lines for TSM get long. I'm not a fan of ToT (hate feeling like I am falling), but that one stayed low wait times all day the day were were there.

RBrooksC
07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
When we were there in May, we went to DHS at park closing. It closed at 7 PM in anticipation of Star Tours opening. We hit ToT so my son could ride it and had no wait.

We went to TSM and saw the wait was 45 min, so we decided to just do it. We reached the ride at 33 min, so the stand-by line really wasn't bad at the end of the day.

The lines will always be long due to hourly capacity and loading times.

civilmousefan
07-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I just wanted to share a magical moment regarding the TSM. During our last trip to WDW, I was in the fast pass line at TSM when the machine broke down. While others in line quickly jumped to another line, I waited. It was a matter of minutes for a CM to fix the machine and to test it requested my cards. I got my fast passes before any of the others that switched lines. We then decided that we would get in the stand by line - which was reporting wait times of about an hour. After about ten minutes in line a CM asked me and my wife to follow him. He took us through a side door - and to the front of the line! We did not know this CM and he did not know us. We were chosen completely at random.

Tink#64
07-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Civilmousefan, how cool is that? :D Yay you! :party: We had that happen years ago at Splash Mountain! Talk about magical memories! WDW knows how to make the magic happen don't they?! :cloud9:

Aurora
07-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Agree with your strategy -- if park opens at 9, get there at 8:15 a.m. Stay to the right. If it's crowded, they will let crowds in a little early and wait on the main drag. At rope drop, follow the lemmings... um, I mean, guests... to the FP machines, where CMs will be there to help.

A word to the wise: We did exactly the above. On the day we were there in June, all FPs for TSM were gone for the day before 10:45 a.m., when we returned to use ours. All the machines were already covered, so I don't know when they actually ran out -- it could have been much earlier.

You can read my trip report of the Toy Story Mania mania here:

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=183212

AllDisney
07-19-2011, 05:33 PM
On our last 2 visits we have noticed that the FP was closed by 10:30 AM.

We go right in and head over to get tickets. I was surprised that this past May we walked over first thing in the morning & got our tickets and were amazed that we could not return until 4:30 PM:confused:

r4kids
07-21-2011, 08:32 AM
This is great!! I am a bit apprehensive as I HATE to rush through the park but it seems to be needed here. I have several teens who can walk fast and get the fast passes w/ my hubby and then we'll meet them there, get in line and ride twice!! Leaving in the morning :mickey:

joanna71985
07-21-2011, 09:08 PM
On our last 2 visits we have noticed that the FP was closed by 10:30 AM.

We go right in and head over to get tickets. I was surprised that this past May we walked over first thing in the morning & got our tickets and were amazed that we could not return until 4:30 PM:confused:

The FPs go extremely fast. It is also possible you were there on an EMH morning (they open the machines during EMH).

wdwfan
07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
We are gearing up to leave in a few days for Disney. I have heard horror stories from those that have recently returned. I need a plan of action for arriving at the park by 8:15ish, being on the correct side of the rope drop and then the path they lead you down to get to it. I literally hate doing this but we are bringing kids who have never been and i want to make sure we can do everything they want to do. Please tell me the best course of action :mickey: !!

Always lots of people headed to TSM. Just make sure one person has all the tickets to get the fastpasses for everyone. Fun ride/game!!