PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator?

Wrigley
07-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I just booked our trip for Pop for May, and my reservation said that there is a fee to have a fridge in the room. I don't ever remember having to pay for a fridge. How much is this charge? We will be there 8 nights. Thanks so much!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Moderate and Deluxe's already have refrigerators in the rooms, if you stay in values you have to pay for it. Last I checked its $10 per day

Itchy
07-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Moderate and Deluxe's already have refrigerators in the rooms, if you stay in values you have to pay for it. Last I checked its $10 per day

As stated there is a $10 charge per day unless there is a medical reason for the fridge such as to store insulin then there is no charge.

Darbylew
07-15-2011, 07:43 PM
We always stay at a moderate resort so there
is already a fridge in the room. I have heard
that the value resorts have one you can rent
but I am not sure about the cost.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
DECEMBER!!! :mickey::D

Pirate Granny
07-15-2011, 07:53 PM
The free medical refrig is as big as a bread box. It is not the same size as the ones you pay for.

Itchy
07-15-2011, 08:30 PM
The free medical refrig is as big as a bread box. It is not the same size as the ones you pay for.

Wow! there must have been some changes since May and last December. When we stayed at Pop and All Star Movies we had a regular size fridge as was in POR. I guess another way to save money and maybe fraud?

nfrustaci
07-15-2011, 08:35 PM
As stated there is a $10 charge per day unless there is a medical reason for the fridge such as to store insulin then there is no charge.

on my last stay i still needed to pay for my frig. i supplied them with a letter from the doctor stating that i needed it for my insulin as well as i needed it to board the plane with needles. but i still had to pay according the cast member that handed us our package at check in. i never encountered that in the past 10 years but i guess there is a first for everything. :confused:

Itchy
07-15-2011, 08:46 PM
We never had to pay for one. My lady friend has insulin and at check in we told them we needed one for that and we had one delivered quite quickly to our room.

brownie
07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow! there must have been some changes since May and last December. When we stayed at Pop and All Star Movies we had a regular size fridge as was in POR. I guess another way to save money and maybe fraud?

I don't remember having a refrigerator in our room at Pop Century when we stayed last November/December.

magicofdisney
07-15-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't recall which value resort I was in, but the room was for the disabled and a fridge was tucked inside the dresser. We neither asked for it nor used it but it was there.

nfrustaci
07-15-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't recall which value resort I was in, but the room was for the disabled and a fridge was tucked inside the dresser. We neither asked for it nor used it but it was there.

hmm thats interesting.

Itchy
07-16-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't remember having a refrigerator in our room at Pop Century when we stayed last November/December.

My fault when I said that there was one in our room at Pop and ASMO. We had one in our room but we had to request it when we checked in as my lady friend needed it for her insulin. Hope this clears it up. Sorry.:blush:

micky95
07-16-2011, 03:36 PM
weve requested one for medical reasons for my mil's medicine and had no problem getting one.at 10.00 per day its cheaper to go to walmart and buy a dorm room fridge.we did this and i keep it in my shop at home when were not taking it to disney.mine is about 2 ft cube (2ft tall 2 ft wide 2 ft deep):mickey:

PETE FROM NYC
07-17-2011, 05:42 PM
I am an insulin dependent diabetic.
For our stay in 2007, at AS Music, we requested a medical fridge and got it for free. No problems there.
In 2009, we stayed at Pop and also got a free medical fridge, but this unit was different from the one provided at AS Music. This one did not have a freezer compartment. Now I had no way to freeze the ice packs that allow me to carry my insulin. When I called the front desk to complain, I was told to bring my ice packs to luggage services for them to store them in their big freezer. Drop them off each night and retrieve them each morning. It was an inconvenience, but with no alternative.
Now, we are DVC members, and our 1 BR has a full size fridge with ice maker, so all is right with the world.

dizneydeb22
07-20-2011, 11:06 AM

It depends on what you need it for. I had the gastric bypass surgery, so I need it for certain food and shakes that I have to have everyday, so they do give me the larger fridge.