PDA

View Full Version : Walking Distance from Swan & Dolphin

WDWgoofy
07-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I have never stayed at either the Swan or Dolphin and was curious to know how the walking distances differ from each resort to Epcot's Interantional Gateway?

Are they same or is the Dolphin closer as it looks on a map?

Hog
07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
It's like 10 - 15 minutes tops. It should be the same or minimal difference between the swan and dolphin. We stayed at boardwalk last year and walked home every night we went to Epcot. We always beat the boat home, because my parents rode it, we were in the room before they hit the pier. Plus it's a nice, quiet and relaxing walk after a hectic day at the park.

Jeff
07-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I agree, virtually the same distance/time. From the Dolphin you have to take several 90 degree turns on a boardwalk in front of the YC. From the Swan you are up and over a bridge.

My family has split up to see who would get there quicker, neither group ran and we got to the where the walks merge to head to the International Gateway within 30 to 40 feet of each other.

I agree with the 10 to 15 minute estimate. 15 would be a lot of wandering and looking around.

07-14-2011, 05:07 PM
I personally think the EPCOT area resorts have the best proximity especially if you really want to get a taste of the transportation system. Think about it. You have a boat to the studios, a boat or very nice walk to the international gateway, and if you have park hoppers, after 11:00 if you choose to hop from EPCOT to MK you can simply catch the monorail to the TTC and then the MK monorail or Ferry boat over. It is a fun way to travel. We have done it so many times, and although I'm sure the bus is much more convenient from the Dolphin to MK, it is just fun to hop a monorail whenever you can. Before the tragic monorail accident in 2009, my wife and I use to hop the monorail from EPCOT around 11:00 AM when there was no monorail traffic heading out and we could always get the front of the monorail. If you never rode the monorail up front with the pilot then you have really missed a treat. Sorry for slipping off topic. Yes, the Swan and Dolphin can be considered equal walking distance to the International Gateway and the walk is very nice, and very easy compared to the walking you will be doing or have already done that day anyway. :D

moe513
07-14-2011, 08:11 PM
We love to walk to the international gateway from the epcot resorts. it is wonderful!!!!!!!

Jeffybob
07-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Staying at any of the resorts around Crescent Lake or at the Swan/Dolphin, which are located at the far end of the lake, is simply the best of all worlds. With two of the four parks within walking distance, or by boat, you cannot really ask for more.

The walk at night from EPCOT is not only scenic and enjoyable but there is always the boat option as well.

Watch the light play across the surface of the water as the sun sets, and after nightfall, you'll enjoy the sight of the illuminated boardwalk across the way, depending on which way you walk.

Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2010 - BWV - Valentine's Day
2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB