PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Ticket question

Jim&AngieMarriner
07-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey Gang,
Normally we buy our tickets right before we go down to the world. But I just had an idea. In an effort to spread the cost of our next trip out (not sure when it will be), Can I buy my tickets now and just set them aside? I mean can I buy say 6-7 days worth of tickets and put them away and then use them when we do make it down to the world even if its a year or even two in the future?

I know this might be looked at as a newbie question but we have never had a situation like this and I figured I would ask in here.

Thanks

disneymom15
07-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes, you can do that. I've done it before. It's a good way to plan ahead.

mdricks
07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
I have saved untold amounts of $$$ over the years buying the full 10 day, no expiration and using them as needed. I know its a big bite on the front end (almost $600 this year) but when im still using those tickets in 3 years and the gate cost is $200 a day. :D

For ex. I bought a full, 10 day hooper, no expiration, with water park in '07. Used the last of the park days last year (still have 3 waterparks). I go every year, once a year, two park days at a time.

In real costs, vs. buying as needed, expiring gate tickets, i saved around $1000. Thats just 1 adult ticket.

:number1:

Fangorn
07-14-2011, 12:18 PM
And just to clarify -with multiple two-day trips, the PP's use of the non-expiration option is a really great money saver, BUT you do not have to get the non-expiration option if you don't need it. The clock on the ticket does not start until the ticket is used for the first time - even it that's several years AFTER the ticket was purchased.

Steve

mdricks
07-14-2011, 12:56 PM
And just to clarify -with multiple two-day trips, the PP's use of the non-expiration option is a really great money saver, BUT you do not have to get the non-expiration option if you don't need it. The clock on the ticket does not start until the ticket is used for the first time - even it that's several years AFTER the ticket was purchased.

Absolutely! Sorry if my post wasnt clear. I am advocating an "investment" appraoch for repeat (but only once per year) flyers. Additionally, if your trips are more than 2 or 3 days at a time, crunch the numbers.

And if you only have one trip in the forseeable future my plan makes no cents. (pun intended!)

:number1: