PDA

View Full Version : Onsite car rental

disneymom15
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I know there is a car rental on disney property. Question is, how do you get over there to pick it up? Can the car be delivered to our resort. Also, what company is it and where exactly is it located. Only needing a car for possibly 1 day.

sassafras
07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
The Car Care Center is located close to the Magic Kingdom. When you call to set up the rental, you can set up a pick up time and they will pick you up, take you there and you get the car. Return the car there and they shuttle you back to your resort. You can also rent a car over at the Dolphin. We rented one there in May when we stayed at the BWVs and it was convenient and quick. We walked there and back since it was not a long walk. Not sure it they will pick you up and run you back to AKL or not. Would like to know myself, for my trip next month.

olivegirl
07-13-2011, 05:12 PM
We rent a car every time we come to Disney!! It is National Car rental. We are picked up at our Resort at 630 am and taken to the Car Care Center. Then the following morning my hubby returns the car and he gets a ride back to our Resort. Its that simple. This is our 7th time renting a car and we have never had any problems!! They are pleasant and very helpful.....even sooo early in the morning! I called yesterday to reserve a car for us on our upcoming trip....Aug 18-29th. But I have heard of people just showing up and renting a car. We take one day out of our vaca and drive to Clearwater for the day! :thumbsup:

Scar
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Besides National, Alamo also rents at The Dolphin and I believe at the Car Care Center

Dyanna
07-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Hertz rents cars from Shades of Green but not sure if they would pick you up at another hotel or not.

Fangorn
07-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Both Alamo and National rent from both the Car Care Center and the Dolphn hotel.

Which isn't surprising, since Alamo and National are sister companies.

Steve

frozman
07-16-2011, 12:05 AM
For the Car Care Center you just call them and they come get you. For Swan and Dolphin, just board your hotels bus to any park and reboard the Swan and Dolphin bus at the park. Should you choose to use the Swan/Dolphin, I know their car rental counter there has short hours but if you are returning the car you can leave the keys with the valet guys.

For Shades of Green, it is within walking distance of the Polynesian, so just take the Monorail there. However, I've heard this Hertz location only rents to those with Military ID, but don't quote me on that (it is a military resort, but military members can bring non members of the military)

There are also some non disney hotels in the Downtown Disney area that have their own rental car counters. Just take a Downtown Disney bus from your hotel and walk to them, all are located within a mile of the stop:
Dollar Rent a car @ Wyndham
Avis @ Hilton
Budget @ Doubletree
Enterprise @ Royal Plaza
Some of these may be willing to come get you (mainly enterprise)