PDA

View Full Version : Booking with MJ?

IloveJack
07-13-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm almost ready to book our next trip, but as I'm still hoping for a discount (preferably the stay and play one they had this year), I'm thinking about using Magical Journeys.
If a discount comes along, will they contact me, or do I have to contact them?
How long does it normally take to get a quote?
Will I still make my own ADRs or will they?

Strmchsr
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
You make your own ADRs.

Generally an agent will contact you within a couple of hours of receiving your request. From that time on you work directly with that agent and they have very quick response time.

IF a discount is released for your vacation after you book, your MJ agent will contact you. You don't have to worry about contacting them or watching out for discounts. They do all of that for you, which is what makes MJ so nice. I'm an early riser, but generally by the time I wake up and check my email in the morning a discount is released, Wendy has already updated my reservation and emailed me how much I save.

Jeri
07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I have always recieved an email with my quote the same day or early the next day.
I always get an email telling me know that a discount is available and that they have already applied it to my reservation & the new total for my trip.

I don't know if they handle ADR, I have always done my own.
I love using MJ. I am a huge control freak, but using them takes some of the stress off me so I can go insane planning which park which day and where to eat.

Disney4
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Former control freak here too . . .

I started using MJ three trips or so ago and will never go another route. I get automatically updated on discounts, even when my deal is still better, I am told that my ressie was checked! All details except ADRs are handled and any questions that I have I get answers to faster than I could ever imagine.

I have a friend who owns a travel agency here in Chicago and it is always a little awkward when she knows we booked with MJ instead of her. However, service is top priority and you will find none better than MJ :number1:

caryrae
07-13-2011, 07:45 PM
One example I priced a trip with MJ a few days ago for a room-only (no tickets) with my AAA discount, then I did the same for a different place I had used before I knew about MJ.

Here is what MJ quoted me:

For the dates of 4/17/12 to 4/24/12, 7 nights, All Star Music, standard room would be a total of $802.42 with the AAA discount.
If interested, a deposit of $108.82 would be due on or before 7/18 with balance due upon check in.

and this is a quote from the other place:

For the dates of 4/17-24 with the AAA rate your total for a standard room at AS Music would be $969.24 with a deposit of $131.20.

Not sure why the other place is so much more, even the Disney site gives a price of $892.

AllDisney
07-13-2011, 09:28 PM
You can't go wrong with MJ:number1:

You'll get fast, friendly, knowledgeable service from them. They keep track on any & all specials that come along so you don't have to.

We have worked with Kathy over the years and she's great (as I am sure the other people are too). You will be SOOOO happy you picked them:number1:

mommy2maddi
07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Magical-Journeys is amazing!!! We love the quick response time and Kathy is a saint as I have changed my mind on what resort to go to several times. They will update you about discounts!! :mickey: