PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer Delivery Question

mgmnut
07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Questions for those who have used The Garden Grocer.

We will be arriving in the world this Sat. We ordered some items from The Garden Grocer to be delivered to our resort at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. In the items we ordered there is milk, coffee cream, and a couple of other items that would need refridgeration.

Does anyone know if you have to be present when the items arrive?

Do they deliver to the front desk?

We will arrive at the resort around 11am. Since we are unsure if our room will be ready we asked for delivery as close to 3pm as possible since this is the official check in time. The delivery can actually be anywhere between 2 and 4pm. I think we intend on staying close by the resort the first day, but I am trying to get an idea what to expect in case for some reason we are not close by when the groceries arrive.

NJGIRL
07-13-2011, 12:33 AM
They will leave your items at the front desk as long as you tell them it's OK to do that. Most resorts will refrigerate them for you until you check in. I would also let your resort know that you are getting a delivery which may be there before you are.

DizneyRox
07-13-2011, 04:56 AM
I think 4pm is the correct check-in time for DVC, and the last few years it's been pretty darn close to that (and even after). Plan accordingly...

I have done GG and they left the items will bell services, not the front desk. It will be up to them to refrigerate the items. All bell services have the facilities for doing that, but it's something they have do. If you get someone who doesn't, those dairy products may not make it. Bell services won't accept responsibilty for their blundering either in my experience. Yes, I've had it happen, they insisted the milk that was room temperature when delivered was in their refrigerator.

I would get delivery sometime when you are sure you'll have a room. It will save on the tip for bell services bringIng you the groceries that you already tipped GG to bring to you if nothing else.

NJGIRL
07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm sure mess ups can happen but I have used them at least 10 times and have never had a problem with the resort refrigerating my items. Sometimes I am there for the delivery and sometimes I am not. I think the key is telling the resort in advance so they are aware of the delivery.

DizneyRox
07-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I think the key is telling the resort in advance so they are aware of the delivery.
Not sure about that. We arrived with groveries in hand along with our luggage. Told them whete my laptop was too amd they said they would mark it fragile. None of it was done... That's why I handle my own luggage now when possible. The problem isn't GG, it's bell services...