PDA

View Full Version : What a Trip!

CajunDisneyDad
07-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Well guys, we have returned from our trip to the world, and I can sum it up in one word...AWESOME!. I will fill in more information later, right now I am at work trying to sort through a weeks worth of emails and start trying to line things up! I just wanted to thank everyone for their advise on everything from how to beat the heat, to the peanut sauce@ Ohana's(which is my new favorite sauce) DW, DS and I had a wonderful time and cannot wait to go back in March of 2012!

RememberTheMagic
07-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey neighbor! :mickey: So glad you had an awesome trip! I'm also in Lafayette--great to meet another Cajun Disney fan! How was the heat compared to what we have here? I'm heading back to WDW in the beginning of August, hoping it won't be too much worse than this!

princessgirls
07-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Glad you had a great trip!!!!

Disney is sooo magical!

Julie:mickey:

cer
07-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Yay! Can't wait to hear more about it! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Sounds great, looking forward to the reports

CajunDisneyDad
07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey neighbor! :mickey: So glad you had an awesome trip! I'm also in Lafayette--great to meet another Cajun Disney fan! How was the heat compared to what we have here? I'm heading back to WDW in the beginning of August, hoping it won't be too much worse than this!

Hello there :) It is about the same...well actually I found it more humid there if that is at all possible. We pretty much had rain everyday we were there, but it always seemed to fall during the time we were back at the resort with DS taking his nap. It actually cooled things off. I got some great advice to go in the mornings, take it easy during the hottest part of the day, and go back later in the afternoon. It turned out great. Are you flying or driving? We normally drive, but decided to fly this time. Southwest has a direct flight out of New Orleans, so that is the way we went. I hope you have a great time over there :)

SBETigg
07-12-2011, 11:35 AM
So glad you had a great trip! I always love hearing that. :thumbsup:

hoop de do
07-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Another Magical Memory made.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CajunDisneyDad
07-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Day 1: DS (2) paraded up and down the terminal with is Mouse ears at the New Orleans Airport lol. I would just dryly say when people would smile at him... "yeah guess where he is going lol" the plane trip was good, DS really enjoyed his first flight. DME picked us up at the airport and we were off. We were the first resort stop for the MK bus and we were met at the entrance of Wilderness Lodge by a cast member who walked us to the gate. DS was asleep on my shoulder at this point and the lady checking us in when and spoke to her manager...he looked and said something and then she comes back and informs us we were getting upgraded from a standard room to a courtyard view room! Once we got our room, we found we were facing the pool and were on the 6th level! DS loved the balc. Anyway we went on to MK and had a blast. We had dinner reservations that night at the Coral Reef in Epcot, so after taking a nap we caught the boat to MK and the monorail to TTC and Epcot. DS loves Figment so we went to Imagination first, and then had dinner and nemo After that we walked the world showcase a bit, and then decided to turn it in early since we had a busy first day. Took buss back to WL and put DS to sleep. Was able to see wishes from our balc.. Nighty night!

January-2007
07-12-2011, 05:53 PM
What a lovely first day! Thanks for reporting.

faline
07-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Congrats on your Wilderness Lodge upgrade! What a wonderful resort!

Your trip is certainly off to a good start! Glad to hear the whole thing was awesome!

brian2000boston
07-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Great first day!

CajunDisneyDad
07-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Second day we actually slept in a bit, But we did make it to Hollywood Studio's for rope drop. As always I was in that mass that makes a run for Toy Story Midway Mania. The line was longer for the fast pass than the stayby, so we got in line. Met some really nice family from St. Louis. DS had a great time on the ride :) We then split up, wife went to get FP for Rock n Roller coaster, and DS and I went to get Childswap for Star Tours2. Crowds were not bad. Had my first bad experience with a BTG in the standby line for Star Tours. A group of about 20 of them (teenagers) were pushing their way though the Stand by line. But finally enough people made a fuss that a supervisor came, and actually removed them from the line! The line started cheering! Well anyway, the new Star Tours was great! The old ride was good, but really dated. Anyway had lunch at the ABC Comminsary (love the chicken curry) DS got to take a picture with Lighting McQueen and he was happy as can be. Went back to WL for DS to take a nap. It started pouring down rain. Luckly our dinner reservation was at Whispering Canyon. It was still raining after and since none of the parks were open late, we decided to go to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. Day 2 done, Nighty nite!

SBETigg
07-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, a tour group getting removed? They must have been unruly to an extreme. I'm glad someone acted on it. Love the WL upgrade.

CajunDisneyDad
07-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, a tour group getting removed? They must have been unruly to an extreme. I'm glad someone acted on it. Love the WL upgrade.

Honestly there was about 20 BTG's, but for the most part they were very well behaved. I think this group was the rogue group. But I think some cast members noticed people getting irrate in the line, and called there supervisor...but 2 guys showed up, asked us what was going on. Me and the lady behind told them they were pushing their way through the line. Then people in the back started shouting. Well the other guy said something(in portugeese (sp) to one of the girls, and she started yelling, then he said something to them and they all started fussing but started moving to the back with the guy sorta helping them along lol. They were put in the back of the line and the 2 guys that showed up watched them (not sure how long, Standby was about 45 minutes, and I lost sight of them when we actually went into the building) Needless to say I didnt see that group for the rest of my trip(might have been their last day) I know I saw one of the guy speaking to the flag bearer when I came off the ride... (you know how they all wear the same shirts and have their emblems on thier shirt and flag)

SBETigg
07-13-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm sure there are lots of great tour groups who get a bad rap because of some of the others. Unfortunate.

vizsla
07-14-2011, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the reports.

DisneyorBust
07-14-2011, 07:43 AM
What a great start to your vacation! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, with 69 days til we return, I need reports like these!
Glad to read that WDW took care of an unruly tour group, my experieince has been pretty good in regards to tour groups, regular folks having a great time in Disney.
Looking forward to your next report.

MizMissy
07-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Hello there :) It is about the same...well actually I found it more humid there if that is at all possible. :)

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip!
I commented last year in my trip reports that being from Louisiana meant I was used to high heat and humidity, but I felt that it was worse in Florida. Maybe it's all the concrete and people crammed into one space. Festival might feel the same way if they were crazy enough to hold it in July. I think Disney also did a good job of acheiving Africa hot in AK, too. Oh well, lots of a/c spaces to escape the heat. And, it's difficult to let a little thing like heat and humidity affect your mood when you are in the Happiest Place on Earth!

CajunDisneyDad
07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip!
I commented last year in my trip reports that being from Louisiana meant I was used to high heat and humidity, but I felt that it was worse in Florida. Maybe it's all the concrete and people crammed into one space. Festival might feel the same way if they were crazy enough to hold it in July. I think Disney also did a good job of acheiving Africa hot in AK, too. Oh well, lots of a/c spaces to escape the heat. And, it's difficult to let a little thing like heat and humidity affect your mood when you are in the Happiest Place on Earth!

Festival is hot enough being in April lol. I think it is a little worse down there because, well basically unless you work outside, you are not exposed to it alot (I have a desk job :P) so that is one way I thought it was hot enough lol. Maybe also since Orlando is in the middle of the state, it gets the humidity from the gulf as well as the Atlantic Ocean lol. But it was fun none the less :) Glad to see we have a few people from our neck of the woods on this board :)

CajunDisneyDad
07-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Day 3 started off with us having to once again wake up DS, but as soon as he woke up, we wanted to ride the "Abeeboo"... I guess that is cajun toddlerish for elevator lol. So we jumped on the bus to Epcot. Rode spaceship earth and then made our way to The land and of course did Soarin. Lunch was at Via Napoli, which in my opinion, was the best place that we ate for our whole trip. The veal was awesome and DW had spagetti. DS had a pizza. One thing I was really impressed with was one of our waiters..Luca, kept my son entertained durning the whole meal. He was a great babysitter!. After lunch, we waddled our way to mexico, did the boat ride, and made our way back to the bus. Pt 2 of day one To be continued lol

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Everything sounds great, magical upgrade, good Italian eats and CM actually making tour groups behave:)

Darbylew
07-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip. I
enjoyed reading your posts. Can't wait to get
back in the land of Mickey and the Magic. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
:mickey: Welcome again to Intercot -- glad to see you're finding your way around here so well!! I read your pre-trip and was wondering how things went -- sounds like so far, it's been great!!

Love the upgrade -- isn't it awesome when that happens?? Makes everything just a little more magical... esp. seeing the fireworks from your balcony. :cloud9:

Looking forward to reading the rest of your reports... :)

CajunDisneyDad
07-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks to everyone :) Sorry my post have been less frequent. Still catching up at work, and just been really busy. But I promise to pick up where i left off asap :)