View Full Version : Plex and Lettripp's Epic Honeymoon! Pre-Trip Report

lettripp
07-11-2011, 09:17 PM
We're going back!! And this time, we are tripping in style :mickey:

The Cast:
Paul aka. Plex
Lauryn aka. Lettripp
on our (I love saying it!) HONEYMOON!

When we told our families our trip plans, no one was surprised that we decided Disney was the primary destination! I've been going on and off since I was little and Paul was hooked instantly during our trip in 2008... and hooked to the point that he purchased DVC in 2010!

We are flying to Orlando on Southwest on July 31st, the morning after the wedding. Call us crazy - but we are too excited to wait! We are renting a car and driving to Vero Beach after we touch down in sunny Florida. We will be staying at Disney's Vero Beach Resort for some post-wedding relaxation from July 31st until August 6th. We have never been to the area and are excited to explore!

After recuperating from the wedding craziness, we are driving back to Orlando, dropping the car at the airport and hopping on the DME. We are staying at Bay Lake Tower and staying on the monorail line is a first for both of us! Not only that, but we got a Magic Kingdom View studio!! (How many exclamation points do I need to use to convey my excitement!?!?!?!?!?)

During our time at the parks we have reservations at an old favorite (Biergarten) and are trying a few new places as well (Via Napoli, Le Cellier and more). We are also eating at Victoria and Albert's for the first time, since we figured there is no better place to eat to celebrate our new marriage :D.

Our approach to the parks is going to be a bit different from our prior trips. We know the heat will be oppressive so we plan to spend a lot of time in the pool and will be going back to our AWESOME room for naps and AC every once in a while. We have done the parks completely so many times that we want to avoid burn-out. We also have a couple's massage scheduled to revitalize us midway through :thumbsup:.

Of course we are excited for this trip, but we are even more excited for our wedding (at least, I am, Paul likes to tell me he is more excited for the vacation but I choose to ignore it ;)). The details are all coming together and the pre-wedding stress is bringing these important dates ever nearer!

We are looking forward to writing these reports of our monumental trip :woohoo:

Plex
07-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Of course we are excited for this trip, but we are even more excited for our wedding (at least, I am, Paul likes to tell me he is more excited for the vacation but I choose to ignore it ;)).

Hey man, the wedding doesn't have Dole Whips, Pirates (hopefully), OR animatronic Yeti's. That's some stiff competition. I mean if the wedding had teams imagineers designing new technology to make it cool, then yeah, I think there would be a contest. ;)

lettripp
07-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey man, the wedding doesn't have Dole Whips, Pirates (hopefully), OR animatronic Yeti's. That's some stiff competition. I mean if the wedding had teams imagineers designing new technology to make it cool, then yeah, I think there would be a contest. ;)

I like to think that I'M the imagineer behind our wedding :cool:

Dsnygirl
07-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Lauryn, first off -- :congrats: on your upcoming wedding -- you must be getting SO excited!! (and I bet Paul is, too, no matter how much he can't wait to get away to Disney... ;))

Your trip sounds lovely... the fact that you're starting out at Vero sounds just perfect after all the crazy days that will come just before. And then Bay Lake -- awesome!! How many days are you guys at the parks for??

Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back -- have fun finishing up all the plans, and don't forget to find a little downtime for the two of you before the big day!! :)

AgentC
07-12-2011, 01:13 AM
What an awesome honeymoon. I look forward to hearing about our trip.

I have friends who go to Vero twice a year and love it. I've considered going but never made it. I have been to BLT once and a Magic Kingdom view sounds very magical for a honeymoon.!

brian2000boston
07-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Sounds like this is goin to be an awesome trip. I cant wait to hear about Vero Beach. Have a wonderful time and take lots of notes!!!

RedSoxFan
07-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Sounds awesome. Congrats on the upcoming wedding and have a wonderful honeymoon!!:mickey:

princessgirls
07-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Congratulations Lauren and Paul on your wedding!! May you both be richly blessed with a lifetime of love, laughter, happiness and good health!!!! :thumbsup:

What an amazing honeymoon you have planned!
Great venue, resorts, and dining. Enjoy every minute!!

Julie:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Congratulations! Your honeymoon sounds fabulous.

Question though .... Can you use DME to get to BLT when you aren't arriving by air that day? I don't know that you can register for DME without current flight information.

Mackflava99
07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
i am just reading your reports now, ( i just got back myself) but i hope you had a wonderful time !!

Cara121078
07-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Sounds absolutely wonderful! :congrats:

January-2007
07-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Have a great time, best wishes.

faline
07-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding! What a terrific honeymoon you have planned!

Our anniversary is very close to your wedding date (and obviously your future anniversary). We spent our anniversary last year at Bay Lake Tower and had a wonderful time!

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

vizsla
07-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Have a great time and a safe trip.

DizneyRox
07-13-2011, 05:44 AM
Question though .... Can you use DME to get to BLT when you aren't arriving by air that day? I don't know that you can register for DME without current flight information.
Yes, you can, you don't need to fly into MCO to use DME. You will need to carry your luggage to the bus however, it won't be able to be magically delivered to your room.

VWL Mom
07-13-2011, 07:39 AM
:congrats:

May your wedding and honeymoon be magical :magic:

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
:congrats:

lettripp
07-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Thank you all for the congratulations!!!! :D

We are getting ever closer to our trip... and of course, the wedding!!!! I have to say that I thought planning a wedding was stressful before ... but I had no idea how I would feel this week!! We leave for Vero is 6 days, Disney in 12 and the wedding is FIVE DAYS AWAY!!! :joy: After a weekend of Bachelor and Bachelorette parties, Paul and I are running on pure adrenaline today. The last minute planning stress is (so far) diminished only by remembering the end result... the best day of our lives so far followed by an amazing vacation.

I am open to suggestions as to how to cut the pre-wedding stress if you have any :thumbsup:

SBETigg
07-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Sounds like a wonderful plan. Just relax, breathe, and take it all in as it happens. It will be over before you know it, so just remind yourself to slow down and enjoy. Best wishes!

Suz36
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm a little behind reading this, so you are now husband and wife! Congrats! I hope your big day was everything that you dreamed it would be. Now it's time for some relaxation and Disney fun! I'm looking forward to reading all about it!

yourmagicalguide
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Talk about the best Honeymoon ever! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to read your trip report once you and husband return :mickey:

lettripp
08-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Hello all!

We got back from our Honeymoon late on Sunday night. Sorry, no trip-reports yet. Transitioning out of crazy-pre-wedding mess to crazy-post-wedding-post-long-vacation-mess is taking a little while. Once we've reorganized (home, name, IDs, gifts, thank-you notes, etc.) I promise a good, long report!! The short story is that was had an AMAZING time at both Vero Beach and Disney and I can't wait to share our stories with you!!!
:mickey:

faline
08-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Welcome back! Glad you had such a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-03-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm bringing this trip report series back! I read part 4 and had to start at the beginning.

My DH and I did the same thing... left for Disney at 7am the morning after the wedding! :D

brivers222
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Of course we are excited for this trip, but we are even more excited for our wedding (at least, I am, Paul likes to tell me he is more excited for the vacation but I choose to ignore it ;)). The details are all coming together and the pre-wedding stress is bringing these important dates ever nearer!

lol this is exactly how my STB-DW and I are... But as the pre-wedding stress approaches (and she looks for some white openings in an otherwise all red ink calendar for the next month) she is quickly turning to the excitement of the Honeymoon :)

Can't wait to read your reports (very happy they are already posted... i hate anticipation of waiting lol) as we will be on our Disneymoon in December

Oh and thanks Jennifer_and_Chris for bumping...

we are waiting until december to take our disneymoon (wedding is 11.12.11) because we want to be around for thanksgiving and stuff... but otherwise we would be right there next day also lol

lettripp
10-04-2011, 02:55 PM
You two have motivated me to finish the report tonight!!!! :mickey:

brivers222
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
:thumbsup:

haha