PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on possible trip 6/23-7/1/12

andypooh
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Considering a trip next year from 6/23/12-7/1/12
Have never gone this time of the year. I know school is out at this point. Will be travelling with DW and DS 5 and DS 3. Thoughts? Thanks for the advice.

faline
07-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Summer crowds will definitely have arrived by that point along with the heat and humidity. Plan for afternoon breaks back at your resort. Hit the parks early before the crowds descend before leaving the masses to the mid-day heat while you spend time in the pool and enjoying your resort. Retun to the park in the evening when things cool down a bit.

WDWgoofy
07-13-2011, 08:00 PM
You may think you know hot and humid and crowds but I believe all will exceed your expectations.

If you go, IMHO, you must be at parks before opening, use fast passes, leave at mid-day, nap and swim at resort, return at 5 and enjoy evening.

mommy2maddi
07-14-2011, 12:27 PM
We went last summer at the exact same time and I was pleasantly surprised at how manageable the parks were. We didn't wait forever for the bus, we rode every ride we wanted to ride with little wait (except for RNRC and TOT Space Mountain and some of the other really popular ones) which we got fast passes for. I've never been any other time of year so I can't make a comparison but Late July was fine for us. Good Luck!!
:mickey:

We LOVE Disney
07-14-2011, 04:08 PM
You may think you know hot and humid and crowds but I believe all will exceed your expectations.

If you go, IMHO, you must be at parks before opening, use fast passes, leave at mid-day, nap and swim at resort, return at 5 and enjoy evening.

This is EXACTLY what we do :thumbsup: People think we are crazy for going in the summer because of the heat but if you are smart about it (duck into air conditioning a lot, drink LOTS of water....etc) you will be fine.

BTW, andypooh, we will be there next year with you (going June 23-July 7) :mickey:

Aurora
07-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Agree with all above, and also, wear baseball caps or some other hat with a brim. You can get them wet in the water fountains when it gets hot, wring them out, and they help keep you cool.

Tink#64
07-15-2011, 12:13 AM
We were just there 6/25 - 7/2 & I was pleasantly surprised! Yes it was crowded & hot & humid, but I do believe it was warmer when we were there the 1st week of June last year! The crowds were very mangeable! We did everything and didn't wait in SB's more than 20 for the most part, maybe 2 or 30 in the 30 - 40 minute time frame, but major attractions only! If long SB lines, we just FP'd! Worked like a charm! We always arrive by or before park opening & go like gangbusters in the morning! By noon parks were very crowded & by then we're shopping & making our way back to Pop for our afternoon break!

Maybe we've just been lucky, but we've never waited in long SB's & we've always been able to do all attractions we want (there's only a handful in all of WDW that we don't do) & we've visited in May several times, spring break one year & now 2 June trips! Just two things to note on this last trip, first we did experience rain every single day, some days quite a bit, but usually not until later afternoon, but we donned our poncho's & went! Some attributed it to the rainy season, but it seems there's been quite a bit of rain in all of the SE states in the past few weeks. :confused: Second, both trips in June we've encountered alot of the BTG's! Way more this year than last! According to a CM at Soarin, from mid June thru the end of July, it's high season for the BTG's! We didn't have any problems with them, just large groups of loud rowdy teens! But we usually tried not to follow them into a que, who wants to follow any large group in a SB que?! I think with planning you'd be just fine! :thumbsup:

andypooh
07-16-2011, 10:40 PM
it probably should be obvious, but what is a BTG?

faline
07-17-2011, 04:46 PM
it probably should be obvious, but what is a BTG?

I believe the poster is referring to Brazilian Tour Groups.