PDA

View Full Version : do they ever give Dec discounts?

the real Alice
07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
My family has never been in Dec before. We are thinking about Dec 16 - 21 before crowds get TOO bad. Does anyone know if they ever offer codes for Dec?

azcavalier
07-10-2011, 08:28 PM
The last few years they have extended free dining into December, but your dates seem to be a little late for any kind of package....too close to Christmas. If you were going around the beginning of December, I think that you'd stand a better chance. However, if they offer something and it ends on the first day of your trip, you will still qualify for it for the length of your stay.

Good luck!

the real Alice
07-10-2011, 08:29 PM
thanks for the info. we don't really need a package, but a room only discount would be great!

VWL Mom
07-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Last year they came out with some discounts mid-August for travel through Dec 21. If you google historic wdw discounts you will be able to look at them.

RedSoxFan
07-10-2011, 09:44 PM
We had free dining last December. We were there the second week.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Well, they did release some pin codes in late
Jan-early feb. for 30% off value, 35% off moderate and 40% off value...I got one and that's how we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Dec. 17-23...you had to get the PIN and book by the end of February...normally they will offer this same deal to the general public later in the year, but they haven't so far...keep watching though

caryrae
07-10-2011, 10:14 PM
thanks for the info. we don't really need a package, but a room only discount would be great!

You may find that it may be worth it to sign up for a year of AAA membership (if there is no other discounts) which is around $60, I think, but you can save more then what the membership costs with the room-only discount you can get.

georger
07-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Well, they did release some pin codes in late
Jan-early feb. for 30% off value, 35% off moderate and 40% off value...I got one and that's how we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Dec. 17-23...you had to get the PIN and book by the end of February...normally they will offer this same deal to the general public later in the year, but they haven't so far...keep watching though

You are going on my dream trip and I would LOVE to find that deal 40% off would be wonderful!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2011, 01:19 PM
You are going on my dream trip and I would LOVE to find that deal 40% off would be wonderful!!!

Oops I meant to put 40% Deluxe....this is a dream trip to us, we've never been able to afford Deluxe before. We knew we were going this year and when I saw the PIN in my email and crunched the numbers I was soooo excited....we had a choice of AKL or WL that would fit our budget and being Christmas time with the awesome decorations not to mention convenient transportation we decided on WL:D

georger
07-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I hope you have an awesome time. I agree that Christmas decorations there will be wonderful! I hope you are right and they offer that same deal later this year!!!